How To Determine Real Online Count?

For some time I have a funny though running across my mind. In the not that distant past, one of best ways to determine real server online, was amount of users on forum, topics and posts. Been going through top servers (eg. on hopzone), and there are many things they have in common:

1. 90% of them are just some l2j forks, with changed rates and maybe some other options. Best case scenario: +some free mods available eg. on max cheaters.
  2. They have less active users on forums than multiple servers being far behind in the toplist, and supposed online.
  3. From what I red on their forums, all in many cases share same bugs. Amount is also pretty similar.
  4. I've noticed a lot less activity in general on forums about L2. Is it only me?

L2 is dead?

Edited by szponiasty

For some time I have a funny though running across my mind. In the not that distant past, one of best ways to determine real server online, was amount of users on forum, topics and posts. Been going through top servers (eg. on hopzone), and there are many things they have in common:

1. 90% of them are just some l2j forks, with changed rates and maybe some other options. Best case scenario: +some free mods available eg. on max cheaters.
  2. They have less active users on forums than multiple servers being far behind in the toplist, and supposed online.
  3. From what I red on their forums, all in many cases share same bugs. Amount is also pretty similar.
  4. I've noticed a lot less activity in general on forums about L2. Is it only me?

L2 is dead?

To answer your question I would have to write a book.

To the point... L2 is dying but it is far from dead yet " at least on the eastern european side/russia ". Regarding western europe it died after Gracia.

The reason why it died is pretty simple. Back then people just made home made servers every day, people wasted their time playing them, players ditched l2 and moved onto something else or went back to play the free official.

Also this current community is just... Abysmal. Overflowing with greeks and occassionally you get couple of polish players and some brazilians/romania players.

I am not afraid to say it, Greek community is killing the l2 with making servers from leeched packs / shared packs having 100000 partners and then leaks everywhere. Also there are tons of people that just do it for the money as a living " WHAT THE FUCK " yes some people are dumb enough to put every single penny and try and make a living out of a private server.

They buy cheap ovh VPS and describe their server with a "powerful dedicated" or even some worse reseller. Ripped Websites/features just makes things even worse.

Nobody can come up with some good ideas and if they do aka "mmoplay" they get slated because it's bugged as shit.

Back in 2008 the community didn't care about some bugs, what they cared about the most is the ability to play on it and have fun. I think now people misjudge the word "fun" and/or don't have a clue of what it means anymore.

Greek community is killing the l2 with making servers

Back in 2008 the community didn't care about some bugs, what they cared about the most is the ability to play on it and have fun. I think now people misjudge the word "fun" and/or don't have a clue of what it means anymore.

True :happyforever: