War Races Possible To Success?

hello guyz

i've been thinking of making a war races server but still i am not sure if it will work.. always interlude client.

what i mean with war races?

Human with Elfs vs DElfs and Orcs. Dwarfs can take part with Human and Dark elfs their choise.

so human cannot hit humans or elfs but they can use buffing, healing etc..

custom skills like Increases by 10% damage to dark elf class and take 10% increased dmg by orcs..

i've been thinking also taking custom item when u are killing a race *different for each one so with these u can take customs*

but anyway these are only some first ideas that can be done easily.

so i am thinking if this war races can rly be a success.. taking a lot of ppl etc..

i know that need also nice webs, adversion of the server etc to take ppls but i am thinking..

what if they are 500 humans and 0 dwarfs? its gonna be rly unbalanced.

Do the players like a war race server? i can remember only "race supermancy" to be something like that..

anyway i would like to see some opinions about that..

thanks .

Theoretically speaking, I don't think it would succeed. Humans would have way too many options in comparison to other races.

Elves will not have as good healers and no warrior classes. Dark elves will have TERRIBLE healers and no warrior classes, while orcs will have no healers at all or any ranged DDs (unless DC/Domi count as DDs in pvp servers).

You could simply allow everyone to get any subclass they want, but that would ruin the concept of the server. Or you can add lots of custom skills that would, of course, alter gameplay by a huge extent.

Edited by Fortuna

Fortuna said it all. I would personally go for custom classes, adding more classes, skills, etc.

About population balance, you can simply add a restriction on login, testing both populations. And add a bonus if population is way lower.

Well back in the days, the first good vs evil server was kinda like this, it was on c4 thought, but was Humans with elfs, dark elfs with orcs and about dwarfs it was going with the sex, girls was going with humans & elfs and mens with the dark & orcs, abou the healers dunno i don't remember have alot of them, and the pvp's was balanced, i guess with alot of work you can pull it out 

You can actually do this if you think throug all the details to balance the races, like fortuna said.

For example, d.elf healers to get balance of life skill from cardinals and stuff like that.

You can either give the skills from the get go OR you can make them work to achieve such thing,

like quest achievement for party if you killed X boss you obtain stigma of shilien and whatnot.

Edit: ofc there won't be any subclasses to take. The only class ull be playing is the one you start with.

Edited by Voqus

Theoretically speaking, I don't think it would succeed. Humans would have way too many options in comparison to other races.

Elves will not have as good healers and no warrior classes. Dark elves will have TERRIBLE healers and no warrior classes, while orcs will have no healers at all or any ranged DDs (unless DC/Domi count as DDs in pvp servers).

You could simply allow everyone to get any subclass they want, but that would ruin the concept of the server. Or you can add lots of custom skills that would, of course, alter gameplay by a huge extent.

Well, sub-class or rebirth system could help.

Also you forgot to mention the dwarfs: no healer, no buffer, no tank.

(Kamael race also if higher version than Interlude)

well i've already start making this.

i made some basics like the human cannot hit humans and the elfs . the same for the other races too.

you will be able to make subclasses but only from ur race. if u are human u will be able to make all the classes that humans have.

also i was testing to add new classes. i added 3 new classes in the dwarfs but there is a bug in the alt+t. it doesnt show what class u are it shows something else like Graphic Cursor, Very fast etc.. anyway

anyway

thanks for your opinions they rly helped me.

Maybe the dwarves can be only a "farmer class" and can be used at sieges, and something like with summons.

Dwarves can have a "neutral faction" and be necessary for craft/farm/enchanting/refining. And maybe can be added "specialty" for the dwarves choose like; all dwarves can choose it and receive some skills, choosing one at: nuker, assassin, healer, etc...

Maybe the dwarves can be only a "farmer class" and can be used at sieges, and something like with summons.
Dwarves can have a "neutral faction" and be necessary for craft/farm/enchanting/refining. And maybe can be added "specialty" for the dwarves choose like; all dwarves can choose it and receive some skills, choosing one at: nuker, assassin, healer, etc...

Neutral faction, as mercenary every individual dwarf can take part of the faction who offers him the best advantages, once they join a faction they will gain the chance to create an unique subclass avaiable only to the members of his faction. However leaving from a faction will cause them a penalty of X days/weeks and the loss of the unique faction subclass.