Top Pvp-Pk

Lioy

Guest Elfocrash

Still better than continuously sql connection on every time that a player talking to npc,press o command or whatever, right? It's a question :P

Im talking about a thread running every X minutes. Not a new parse of database on click. 

Im not talking about most of them am i?

cool.

Ok then , at least it helped me understand more the maps :P

I will share a new one tommorow(or who knows when) in that way , database updates every some minutes :)

Performance wise this way is way better. As this comparing to a sql connection is probably 10 times liter. However i would trust more a sql connection every x minutes to refresh this rather than on click or on pvp kill.

So for 10 extra milliseconds which will happen only once in a while someone would go with a class that has dependencies on external classes like L2PcInstance? While you can have an awesome class doing everything byitself automated and so clean?

Guest Elfocrash

So for 10 extra milliseconds which will happen only once in a while someone would go with a class that has dependencies on external classes like L2PcInstance? While you can have an awesome class doing everything byitself automated and so clean?

Still maps are faster than sql connections so yeah. That's how the whole L2j works. Everything is loaded on startup. Everything is saved on maps,vectors lists and shit and then every x minutes a task saves them on db for security reasons but when they get updated they get updated in the list not the database.

Still maps are faster than sql connections so yeah. That's how the whole L2j works. Everything is loaded on startup. Everything is saved on maps,vectors lists and shit and then every x minutes a task saves them on db for security reasons but when they get updated they get updated in the list not the database.

Im talking about the data refreshment here (pvps)... Maps are just waste of code on this case

Edited by xdem

Guest Elfocrash

Im talking about the data refreshment here (pvps)... Maps are just waste of code on this case

No its not. They are faster than connection plus they are liter. You initiate the system by filling up a form and then you only alter the form.

What is bad is that if i create a new player then that player won't appear on the list until the server restarts.

No its not. They are faster than connection plus they are liter. You initiate the system by filling up a form and then you only alter the form.

What is bad is that if i create a new player then that player won't appear on the list until the server restarts.

I don't think so, just some minutes to test this creating new player

So its better to use that junk with maps and 300 lines of unclean code?

Here is the source of the toppvp/pk manager of an old server of mine

http://pastebin.com/ws0JkXjS

and it really does ALOT more things than just sorting values. all in clean simple code

Edited by xdem

Guest Elfocrash

So its better to use that junk with maps and 300 lines of unclean code?

Here is the source of the toppvp/pk manager of an old server of mine

http://pastebin.com/ws0JkXjS

Yeah this version of the code is fine. However his version is liter and faster and it can be written in a way cleaner way.

However the proper way is a combined version of his and your's version.

Yeah this version of the code is fine. However his version is liter and faster and it can be written in a way cleaner way.

None cares for speed of 5-10ms which In my case are called only every 50 seconds. A smart class that is clean and works byitself and not using other classes like L2PcInstance.

Anyway everyone has his own coding style, as for me I like a code only when its clean and has no dependencies on other classes. speeds of 5-10ms is the last thing I consider

The combined way is to every x minutes  replace the map with new values (using sql connection to read), right?

Guest Elfocrash

None cares for speed of 5-10ms which In my case are called only every 50 seconds. A smart class that is clean and works byitself and not using other classes like L2PcInstance.

Anyway everyone has his own coding style, as for me I like a code only when its clean and has no dependencies on other classes. speeds of 5-10ms is the last thing I consider

It is not 5-10ms lol. It is not about coding style. It is about programming principles, which i can see you lack for obvious reasons. 

The combined way is to every x minutes  replace the map with new values (using sql connection to read), right?

Combined is it refreshed the map every x minutes but still reads from the maps.