Xmas Event / Specific Npc

ericvini

Question

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have the eventdata for the Gracia Final xmas event? Reading the messages when you open up the server, it seems that this event has its special "field", like the gate_event, but my eventdata doesnt have it. (Xmassantaevent or something like it and newyearevent)

I don't really expect this event to work flawlessly as my researches showed that it's quite bugged on the Dr. Turkey Stage and I doubt anyone cared about it enough to fix it (at least publicly), and so you can't have santa delivering gifts at random.

If no one has this, if anyone knew just the eventname and eventnpcname so that I could spawn the npcs in each city automatically would be awesome. 

In a worst case scenario situation, if anyone knew just the name of the npc that trades the items from this event (christmas shirts and weapon tickets) it'd be perfect.

I've searched on npcdata/skilldata/itemdata and I could find every npc related to older events, items for every event, even the GF one, skills for every event, but not the npcs related to the GF event. 

I found the santa that gives you presents, but not the npc (Cat if I recall correctly, but probably a fat dwarf) that stayed in town and gave you shirts/enchanted weapons.

(the cristmas_green_socks - aka red socks in-game, seem to be bugged, as they don't do anything when you open them, or my memory is betraying me and you trade them for something like shirts - can't be sure because that's the NPC that I can't find)

The NPCs that I found trade trees for presents/agathion. No Shirts/Enchanted Weapons at all

The file that I have seems to be from older versions of the event as it has the eventname and npcname as christmas only and it doesn't seem to be the GF version of it - I could be mistaken but can't be sure due to the events bugginess or most probably due to my badness (missing the 5 kinds of rudolph and etc)

Thank you, any help would be greatly appreaciated - the npcname alone would be fantastic.

edit: I may have found the npc, cat_of_xmas, gonna test when I'm home - still would love to know the eventname/npc to spawn it automatically.

EDIT:

I'm confused if the server has the files for the saving santa or raising rudolph event (http://legacy.lineage2.com/archive/2009/12/_rudolf_the_red.html) Prolly saving santa only as I can't find any indication of the other event. Sad, I loved raising rudolph as it didn't have the annoying savign santa part and had all cool rudolph buffs + presents=p

edit3: Yes I found the npc, thats it! now if any1 knows the name of the event by any chance so that I dont have to summon stuff manually and the world is decorated properly!

Edited by ericvini

5 answers to this question

I don't really expect this event to work flawlessly as my researches showed that it's quite bugged on the Dr. Turkey Stage and I doubt anyone cared about it enough to fix it (at least publicly), and so you can't have santa delivering gifts at random.

I know this is really OLD topic but I found it and was wondering if anyone fixed this bug... It seems like not so here is the fix:

https://bitbucket.org/l2shrine/extender-public/commits/7d50800c41430bbee136b1751062e6eb02f7cb9f

The whole problem is in l2server side support for NPC function CreateOnePrivateNearUser. It sends CreatePacket but Koreans made some changes in it (added instance ID) so it got broken. As Santa event is the only AI that uses this function, they probably don't know about it :)