Latest Revision Ctf Errors..!

xXObanXx

Question

Hello... so i updated my pack (L2j) with the latest revision (skill and effect system complete rework)

and i have these problems on CTF.java:

for (AbstractEffect e : summon.getAllEffects())
{
if (e != null)
{
e.exit();
}
}

also i've solved an error by my own but didn't test it... is it ok?

AbstractEffect eInvisible = _player.getFirstEffect(L2EffectType.HIDE);

to

AbnormalType eInvisible = AbnormalType.HIDE;

i will appreciate your help! :)

It's a ctf, and that section is probably sent when character enters the event. There's no use to clean pet buffs. The only stuff to verify is the possibility to get a pet while being in ctf event (no possibility to summon).

@topic author, I want the use of eInvisible.

So if the "bug" that I pointed still exists, why is it useless? For example: full buff server (but the event just gives you 4-5 buffs), you got your full buffs in your pet and you unsummon it, you register to the event, you get teleported, then you re-summon your pet and bam! full buffed  :rage:

Edited by ^Wyatt

@topic author, I want the use of eInvisible.

hmmm.... i don't think it is doing something :P

cause of @SuppressWarnings("unused")

and i think it's not working..!

a think a "return;" could work..! or not? :P

hmmm.... i don't think it is doing something :P

cause of @SuppressWarnings("unused")

and i think it's not working..!

a think a "return;" could work..! or not? :P

if it's unused just remove that line

So if the "bug" that I pointed still exists, why is it useless? For example: full buff server (but the event just gives you 4-5 buffs), you got your full buffs in your pet and you unsummon it, you register to the event, you get teleported, then you re-summon your pet and bam! full buffed  :rage:

the best way for a "stable" event is to fix all the possible bugs like that... to exclude every way from the player to get buffs outside from the event..!

the best way for a "stable" event is to fix all the possible bugs like that... to exclude every way from the player to get buffs outside from the event..!

Ye, I typed that too fast... that thing about storing pet buffs after unsummon shouldn't exist coz then, even if you remove the buff before unsumonning it, they could unsummon the pet by theirselves and then summon and be inside the event with buffs. I think it was a config to turn it off/on, should be off xd

the "return;" doesn't need?

no :s

Ye, I typed that too fast... that thing about storing pet buffs after unsummon shouldn't exist coz then, even if you remove the buff before unsumonning it, they could unsummon the pet by theirselves and then summon and be inside the event with buffs. I think it was a config to turn it off/on, should be off xd

no :s

ok.. i'll test it tomorrow!!

Edited by xXObanXx

If you can summon a pet during the event, it's an unwanted behavior even for the previous code. You shouldn't be able to summon pet, buffed or not. So, unsummoned pet doesn't need to be debuffed, simple :P.

About eInvisible, if you don't see a use of it, drop the line. Originally it's supposed to drop hide effects, I guess ? Such as Shadow dance and the TH skill. If players got also their effects cleaned, I guess it's useless.

If you can summon a pet during the event, it's an unwanted behavior even for the previous code. You shouldn't be able to summon pet, buffed or not. So, unsummoned pet doesn't need to be debuffed, simple :P.

About eInvisible, if you don't see a use of it, drop the line. Originally it's supposed to drop hide effects, I guess ? Such as Shadow dance and the TH skill. If players got also their effects cleaned, I guess it's useless.

Why not to let people summon pets inside events? :( just like olympiad style its fine :p

Because there's no point to unsummon it otherwise. I don't (have to) speak about how it should be, I speak about what the code suggested in first shot.

If the guy wants to keep unsummon, he should make a check about summon pets in event.

Overall, if it was only me, both unsumon and remove effects would be dropped. It's not like a Kookaburra lvl 80 fullbuffed is broken.

Because there's no point to unsummon it otherwise. I don't (have to) speak about how it should be, I speak about what the code suggested in first shot.

If the guy wants to keep unsummon, he should make a check about summon pets in event.

Overall, if it was only me, both unsumon and remove effects would be dropped. It's not like a Kookaburra lvl 80 fullbuffed is broken.

No but what if you're a summoner class and you don't get your summon debuffed and it goes fullbuffed to the event, I guess that it yes can hit really hard.

I would just remove buffs + unsummon and then only allow to summon pets by skill, not by item. Q_Q but whatever :P

Edited by ^Wyatt

It's a CTF not a Duel. If you see a summon moving like an idiot, you pick 10 guys hitting it, done with the summon.

Anyway don't speak about what it should be. It's useless discussion :P.

ok guys i'm on the way to test these things...

i will update the post in some minutes!

edit: the "hide" option doesn't work... i think cause check for hide players but doesn't doing something to make him visible..!

about the summon... i can't summon pets like Fernir etc. but i can summon servitors like Mew the Cat (Archmage) or Reanimated Man (Soultaker)

Edited by xXObanXx