[Discussion] Social Network Website

`iAndre

Hello my friends.
I would like to ask you what do you know about social's network website coding ..

As i know coding something like that using all these scripts is really difficult and the cost is high too.
Plugins for translation in all languages and the list goes on ..

What will be cost and what do you need for something like that ?
I'm talking about technical support (webhosting, db's , etc.).

* About the last one i would to know how it works too ..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

`iAndre.

Hello my friends.

I would like to ask you what do you know about social's network website coding ..

As i know coding something like that using all these scripts is really difficult and the cost is high too.

Plugins for translation in all languages and the list goes on ..

What will be cost and what do you need for something like that ?

I'm talking about technical support (webhosting, db's , etc.).

* About the last one i would to know how it works too ..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

`iAndre.

Nothing is so difficult, but it needs good planning. In the company I currently work we're developing our own social network.  The coding is too much if you choose to have a public API for 3rd party developers, and scalability in mind. If you want to scale to maximum you need to consider a smart architecture. In our example: 

- Front end (the main website) -> Laravel (PHP) for rendering pages (HTML/CSS/JS/LESS etc...)

- Back end (for every single request) -> NodeJS, MongoDB & express.

- Android app -> Java, iOS app -> Objective C

We currently have like 8 developers (and one of them is our CTO). We have a designer, a community manager and a product manager (CEO and CMO excluded from the list). And imagine we're startup. 

It's more about the money for the infrastructure rather than the development itself.

User Demo

live-demo.png

The user interface gives you the ability

to view the site from your members perspective

of your social network.

Try User Demo

Admin Demo

admincp-demo.png

The admin interface will give you the full

view of what can be done direct from the admin

control panel to your social network.

Try Admin Demo

Mobile Demo

phpfox-mobile.png

Once you have created an account using

our "User Interface" you can log into our

Mobile demo using that same account.

Try Mobile Demo

pricing

Lite
$99
Includes 30 Days support
& 6 months upgrades

Network
$199

Includes 30 Days support
& 6 months upgrades

Community
$299
Includes 90 Days support
& 6 months upgrades

*** I can help you with that.. ***

User Demo

live-demo.png

The user interface gives you the ability

to view the site from your members perspective

of your social network.

Try User Demo

Admin Demo

admincp-demo.png

The admin interface will give you the full

view of what can be done direct from the admin

control panel to your social network.

Try Admin Demo

Mobile Demo

phpfox-mobile.png

Once you have created an account using

our "User Interface" you can log into our

Mobile demo using that same account.

Try Mobile Demo

pricing

Lite
$99
Includes 30 Days support

& 6 months upgrades

Network
$199

Includes 30 Days support

& 6 months upgrades

Community
$299
Includes 90 Days support

& 6 months upgrades

*** I can help you with that.. ***

Oh yeah, or you can use something like this if you intent to have like 10 people online :)

Nothing is so difficult, but it needs good planning. In the company I currently work we're developing our own social network.  The coding is too much if you choose to have a public API for 3rd party developers, and scalability in mind. If you want to scale to maximum you need to consider a smart architecture. In our example: 

- Front end (the main website) -> Laravel (PHP) for rendering pages (HTML/CSS/JS/LESS etc...)

We currently have like 8 developers (and one of them is our CTO). We have a designer, a community manager and a product manager (CEO and CMO excluded from the list). And imagine we're startup. 

It's more about the money for the infrastructure rather than the development itself.

Well , first of all thanks for responding.

My main problem is that i don't know about coding almost nothing ..

What 's the cost for coding something like that ?

Also about android app and generally in order to run the social network in cellphone there 's should be a seperate design or not ?

* What ls that ?

a smart architecture

Edited by `iAndre

Also about android app and generally in order to run the social network in cellphone there 's should be a seperate design or not ?

* What ls that ?

a smart architecture

* What ls that ?

I'm being paid extremely well to work on that company and I'm one of the 8 total developers there.

If you're going for a smaller project, with lower target then maybe you need about 1500€-2000€ for the developer and an other 500€ for the designer for sure. But that way you'll keep your target at a low level (meaning not targeting something like twitter/facebook or similar giants).

I'm being paid extremely well to work on that company and I'm one of the 8 total developers there.

If you're going for a smaller project, with lower target then maybe you need about 1500€-2000€ for the developer and an other 500€ for the designer for sure. But that way you'll keep your target at a low level (meaning not targeting something like twitter/facebook or similar giants).

My target is to create something like facebook/twitter.

I'm not gonna need a designer. I will design it personally.

You told me that the cost for a small project is about 1500€-2000€ .

What 's the cost for a big project (like fb or twitter) ?

My target is to create something like facebook/twitter.

I'm not gonna need a designer. I will design it personally.

You told me that the cost for a small project is about 1500€-2000€ .

What 's the cost for a big project (like fb or twitter) ?

Unreachable. We have gathered from crowd funding right now around 2-3 million euros and they're still not that much.

Such kind of projects do not get supported from a person only because it's nearly impossible unless you have some serious money on the bank. They instead get some support with investors. That's the goal of crowd funding. There are also VC (venture capitalists) who invest on a project getting some shares. There's also Kickstarter's way of funding.

Before looking for money you need to have a clear plan, some nice high fidelity prototypes and generally a sort of demo. Are you so sure about your idea?

Unreachable. We have gathered from crowd funding right now around 2-3 million euros and they're still not that much.

Such kind of projects do not get supported from a person only because it's nearly impossible unless you have some serious money on the bank. They instead get some support with investors. That's the goal of crowd funding. There are also VC (venture capitalists) who invest on a project getting some shares. There's also Kickstarter's way of funding.

Before looking for money you need to have a clear plan, some nice high fidelity prototypes and generally a sort of demo. Are you so sure about your idea?

YES.

I will focus on finding some investors. Otherwise, the cost is to high .

YES.

I will focus on finding some investors. Otherwise, the cost is to high .

For sure is too high but you'd have to have a demo to present to possible investors. If you are so sure about that project I might want to help in exchange of shares. If you are in need of technological assistance, pm me.

For sure is too high but you'd have to have a demo to present to possible investors. If you are so sure about that project I might want to help in exchange of shares. If you are in need of technological assistance, pm me.

I will.

Thanks a lot.