[L2OFF]L2Nostalgia

mainpmf

Yeah I hope so to  :D

I keep getting asked about the site since the downtime has been longer than anticipated. We had been using our planned production web server as a dev server and just had the site on shared hosting. Once the CMS was ready we moved to our production server (VPS) and noticed almost instantly performance issues. After troubleshooting and some tweeking I decided it was on the providers end and most likely they had our node oversold. After talking to them a few times it quickly became clear that they were not real experienced. I asked them to check the disk IO on the hardware node and their reply was "There are no errors everything is fine" which shows they are pretty much clueless...time to get out. I didn't need to talk to support for anything in the 2 months before that so had no way to know that they would be that inexperienced.

So I have moved to another provider which has the added bonus of being on a ddos protected network. I did a few benches this time right away and performance looks good. we are also going with a little different setup (nginx + Varnish) and completely hardened the entire server. That combo is amazingly fast and efficient.

The site will be up in the next 24 hours. It is bad timing but better now than on live. Sorry for the wall oftext I just wanted everybody to know the full story on the downtime.

//50foottextwall off

Dradden

The forums are back up >> http://l2nostalgia.com/forumpvp/index.php

We are fixing a few things on the CMS so it is offline atm. If you have a hard time seeing the forums the DNS may not have resolved in your area. Or you may need to clear your cache and/or flush your dns.

Nice server, i hope to over 1,5k online!!

Hah lol I m expecting somewhere around 3k tbh.

Judging by the forum activity it should surpass 1.5k when it goes live like its nothing.Rpg-Club servers had like 1200 members (on the Eu forums )when they opened and reached 7-9k ppl , while nostalgia has 1080 record!

if you dont add some fake online like all "big"servers  your server mby fail

cuz ppls always played on servers with x3 x4 x5 fake online ,well all server used :)

on most this pro servers online counter shows 10k but its like 2k

so, if the noobs see 2k, they will think its low cuz they think the "10k" was real

kids dont know about fake online and they trust always the number you add on sited:)

if you dont add some fake online like all "big"servers  your server mby fail

cuz ppls always played on servers with x3 x4 x5 fake online ,well all server used :)

on most this pro servers online counter shows 10k but its like 2k

so, if the noobs see 2k, they will think its low cuz they think the "10k" was real

kids dont know about fake online and they trust always the number you add on sited:)

Facepalm urself. U think ppl are stupid? If u port around towns u can tell if its 200,2000,10000. We dont need a counter to tell us online number.

I will not bullshit people about online numbers. In my opinion people are way too obsessed with online counts. Go in server see if there are enough people to have fun. If not than leave, if so then stay. I will never inflate online counts because I will not lie to people. When you will see our online count it will be real and if it is not enough for you then play on another server.  :)

I will not bullshit people about online numbers. In my opinion people are way too obsessed with online counts. Go in server see if there are enough people to have fun. If not than leave, if so then stay. I will never inflate online counts because I will not lie to people. When you will see our online count it will be real and if it is not enough for you then play on another server.  :)

Agreed.

agree