[L2OFF]L2Nostalgia

mainpmf

awesome way to promote the server, with almost last days offline and with no time. They should give atleast 3 or 4 weeks more to get time to get a nice community.

The site gets 3k unique visitors a day and majority of the low rate clans know about us. better we have a little downtime now to make sure we do not have it on live. We are spending money and time moving everything over to fully ddos protected networks for our players. Granted not the best time but we need to do it now whether we want to or not. Those 140k visitors we had over the last month and few days know where we are.

It will be a big launch.

3k different views everyday is kinda far-fetched,dont u think? ;p

Just be careful with 2 things,big lag (it was a usual problem in low rates few years back) and demonic weapons from srv start.

3k different views everyday is kinda far-fetched,dont u think? ;p

Just be careful with 2 things,big lag (it was a usual problem in low rates few years back) and demonic weapons from srv start.

Analytics tells me that for the entire site. :) Granted some of those 3k are repeats the following day but the 140k is solid. I have not advertised this server in the normal way, I tried hard to go outside the box and focused on the onsite and offsite SEO which I know well and something other servers don't do. rather than using pay to win vote sites, spamming other servers, and every other L2 related site. We have constantly climbed the SERPs for our keywords and with the rise in rankings came the increase in traffic from search engines. That has helped quite a bit.

Zariche is disabled for the first 14 days. Much of that lag in the early days (especially item lag) was caused by the massive disk IO reading and writing (random) to mssql which even SAS 15k drives had a hard time with. This is why we have went with Commercial grade SSD (Intel 330). There will be no IO bottle neck and thus no item lag. The next biggest cause of lag was Disk IO spiking CPU and causing other types pf lag. SSD also eliminates that. We are also on a dedicated 1gbps port as for a good size launch and the mass pvps after 100mbit just doesn't cut it.

Thanks for the good luck!!

Dradden