[L2OFF]L2Nostalgia

mainpmf

2CsOK

why you post that ? :)  its forum that shows online per 1440 min..1440min is like  1day +++ close to 2

anyway i like the serv :)i think it will have prbly 2.5k-3k online whitch is pretty good :)

A l2 server works awesome on SSD, but in fact it never uses not even 75% of its power. Therefore a SSD its not used on its full capacity....in my opinion thats just a useless hardware. For a l2 server what is most recomended is a Raid Master 0 made by two identical drives of 7.2k RPM on 64MB buffer, even this is more than enough for "any private l2 server". On a setup that i mentioned there is no posible way to have any IO bottle neck, the bottle neck you mentioned is valid only for the poor coded files based on a low-end server machine.

Having a SSD is just a show-off for the "eyes" of the players, tho real test is actually ingame.

Same goes for the 1Gb port, there is no private l2 server that has ever used the full capacity of a gigabit port, thats again a show-off scenario.

why you post that ? :)  its forum that shows online per 1440 min..1440min is like  1day +++ close to 2

anyway i like the serv :)i think it will have prbly 2.5k-3k online whitch is pretty good :)

1440 min close to 2 days ? 1440/60 = 24 hours;  you do know that 1 day has 24 hours do you ?

A l2 server works awesome on SSD, but in fact it never uses not even 75% of its power. Therefore a SSD its not used on its full capacity....in my opinion thats just a useless hardware. For a l2 server what is most recomended is a Raid Master 0 made by two identical drives of 7.2k RPM on 64MB buffer, even this is more than enough for "any private l2 server". On a setup that i mentioned there is no posible way to have any IO bottle neck, the bottle neck you mentioned is valid only for the poor coded files based on a low-end server machine.

Having a SSD is just a show-off for the "eyes" of the players, tho real test is actually ingame.

Same goes for the 1Gb port, there is no private l2 server that has ever used the full capacity of a gigabit port, thats again a show-off scenario.

A server with 1-1.5k will choke a SATA 7200 RPM drive (IOPS), and RAID 0 I gues you prefer that bit of extra speed over your players data which is no good. Now with 2 SSD you can use RAID 1 which gives you at least some redundancy and data security for your users and never worry about performance issues unlike the lowly 7200 which chokes at what 15-20k IOPS?.  Your post looks "Google Found" to me. I never said any server would use a 1gbit port but I will say that a server with 1.5-2k on will reach a 100mbit cap and people will lag...badly. We went with 1gbit to make sure that people don't get lagged out hitting the 100mbit cap. It is called forsite.

A server with 1-1.5k will choke a SATA 7200 RPM drive (IOPS), and RAID 0 I gues you prefer that bit of extra speed over your players data which is no good. Now with 2 SSD you can use RAID 1 which gives you at least some redundancy and data security for your users and never worry about performance issues unlike the lowly 7200 which chokes at what 15-20k IOPS?.  Your post looks "Google Found" to me. I never said any server would use a 1gbit port but I will say that a server with 1.5-2k on will reach a 100mbit cap and people will lag...badly. We went with 1gbit to make sure that people don't get lagged out hitting the 100mbit cap. It is called forsite.

You can use a SSD or a Raid Master 0 via 2xSSD's and your server will never use the SSD potetial, since there is no need for that much raw power ( C5 yO not GOD )

A C4 C5 C6 server would never choke if the server specs would be set on a 7.2k rpm raid master 0, even with 5 k online its simply imposible.

Do you really think i base my words on google ? Sorry but i base my words on my experience. Use your SSD's and your gigabit port, before live use a hdd stat monitor, watch how your mighty ssd's max the hdd speeds on 60% (max).

What 100mb cap do you mean ? Most hosting companies mention 100mbps on download/upload, but the bandwidth is unlimited ( not at every company ), if the bandwidth is unlimited a gigabit port is useless. Plus there wont be any 100mb up/down by player base gameplay on a l2 server.

And about internet speeds even on 100 or 1000 mb port net-pipe flooding will be inevitable in any attack attempt. But still a gigabit port is more than welcome.

People will lag no matter if you have a gigabit port or not, it depends on their connection streaming towards your server. Who knows maybe you will use a re-routing proxy and yet there wont be any guarantees to have or not lags.

What you specificy about SSD and Gigabit port is good, no...its great, but what im saying is that it what you got or will get wont be used on its full power.

Good luck tho.

i am sorry again to repeat it.

But rly website is more time OFFLINE than ONLINE. I dont think is so good idea to launch the server, why so impatient?

not sure what you talking about, but its not 1week advers server..personaly i see it many weeks..

about site, just 2days off ,i hope they fix it :D

You can use a SSD or a Raid Master 0 via 2xSSD's and your server will never use the SSD potetial, since there is no need for that much raw power ( C5 yO not GOD )

A C4 C5 C6 server would never choke if the server specs would be set on a 7.2k rpm raid master 0, even with 5 k online its simply imposible.

Do you really think i base my words on google ? Sorry but i base my words on my experience. Use your SSD's and your gigabit port, before live use a hdd stat monitor, watch how your mighty ssd's max the hdd speeds on 60% (max).

What 100mb cap do you mean ? Most hosting companies mention 100mbps on download/upload, but the bandwidth is unlimited ( not at every company ), if the bandwidth is unlimited a gigabit port is useless. Plus there wont be any 100mb up/down by player base gameplay on a l2 server.

And about internet speeds even on 100 or 1000 mb port net-pipe flooding will be inevitable in any attack attempt. But still a gigabit port is more than welcome.

People will lag no matter if you have a gigabit port or not, it depends on their connection streaming towards your server. Who knows maybe you will use a re-routing proxy and yet there wont be any guarantees to have or not lags.

What you specificy about SSD and Gigabit port is good, no...its great, but what im saying is that it what you got or will get wont be used on its full power.

Good luck tho.

well you dont need NASA pc for L2 Server its true.. mostly you have to care if you have some mistake at files that can makes server lag..and one more ..ddoss protection..prbly it will give some delay to players .it depends whitch protection you have ..its not that easy to find some good stable ddoss protection with normal gameplay and not delays..

im not talking under attack, im talking when server running ok without prob

but as the guy said, you can add proxy  for those who have lag..

or atleast  1 germany proxy so no lags..i think germany its ok for most ppls..if not..add one more  in other country

but if ddoss protection its good you will not need any proxy

The 1 gbit port was not for helping with an attack but because we will use over 100mbit/sec at launch and for sieges/masspvp. Granted the 1gbit port gives a little more freedom on a very small attack but I would never get a 1gbps port because of that as it would be a waste. We are now on a actual ddos protected network that specializes in mitigation. So hopefully that will not be a issue.

People will lag no matter if you have a gigabit port or not, it depends on their connection streaming towards your server.

Yes there will always be people that lag but it won't be due to any bandwith limitation and our line being saturated. it will be because of routing/latency caused by location and their ISP routing or possibly even routing on our end but we do have the ability to work with the DC on our BGMix.

I agree with you completely, we will not. But I would rather have too much than not enough :)

Good luck tho.

Thanks  ;D

I will not be offering any alternate proxy routing for live. It includes massive research and testing to get the right spot for the majority and I won't have time.

If people have any latency issues I would suggest the "Leatrix Fix", battleping, or wtfast. Leatrix is free so try it first (not a proxy) the others are paid (prox). All 3 can do the job depending on the cause of latency.

Dradden