[Request]Diff in eclipse

Archagnel

Question

13 answers to this question

If you used SVN and added your own changes, yes. Then you will notice a * at your project. Right click on project -> Team -> Create Patch

You can do a small trick. Create a SVN with clean version, download project from SVN, c/p all files from edited one, and commit it. I think it should work, i'm not sure :P

then everytime you change something on eclipse you must create patch (.diff)

Another guy who dont read before posting. I dont know how to create .diff did u read my first post?

You can do a small trick. Create a SVN with clean version, download project from SVN, c/p all files from edited one, and commit it. I think it should work, i'm not sure :P

Yeah it seems logic but the problem is to create SVN, because I havent done it before.

Anybody has another idea than sweets?

As said SweeTs, it's the goal of SVN to store what you edited. The point of a diff patch is to see differences you know... If you can't compare from one rev to another, it will be hard (and it's ironic) to make diff patches...

If you made many changes, making what said SweeTs won't help at all.

In any case, register on assembla or xp-dev, create your own SVN repo and use it. The only moment it will be too late is when you will make a big change and won't be able to know what created "that" critical bug. With SVN you revert or even checkout from any of previous revs, and you're ok.

If your pack was checkouted from another repo, you have to "Team > Disconnect" first, then you "Team > Commit". Once your SVN repo is fed, whatever you edited between latest revision and local could be seen from a diff patch ("Team > Create patch") or "Compare with > Base revision".

I dont have such thing only 'apply patch' and 'share project'

I explained why.

"Another guy who don't read what I write".

:troll:

I explained why.

"Another guy who don't read what I write".

:troll:

Lol, weird I didnt see your post before. Anyway thanks Tryskell, seems like there is no easier way to do that.

Or maybe it is possible to compare two packs and make .diff between them ? Im using your 270 rev. so maybe am I able to compare clear rev 270 with mine to get diff ?

Nope, diff system comes with SVN. You can compare each single file with PSPad, but it becomes gross. :good sir:

You can try as SweeTs suggested, aka upload rev 270, then commit your pack on the given SVN. It should create the difference, if ever possible.

No matter what, you need a SVN.

Haa! You see Tryky, lazy polako has sometimes good ideas  :-beep- yeah: I knew that will work since I did the same before.. :P

Anyway, I'm glad that I could help :P