Unoffical MXC L2J Development IRC Chatroom

Well when I do use MSN I usually use pidgin or trillian, I can't really stand how cluttered Live feels.

What I notice too is a lot of the people here come to really ask for people to do something for them. It doesn't really feel like theres a lot of regulars here. Or at least maybe I'm not around enough to notice it.

Nope you're right, there is only ppl who ask, and when they got answers, they ask another thing or eventually you will never see them back. There's no real L2J community around, mainly because there is only few L2J "veterans" left. L2J is under extinction, no matter the chronicle, that's nothing new (agony begun around 2009, and going faster with the fact L2 is now free).

Pidgin is more clean than windows live but got less features (got problem with sending images and files). It does basically the same, so...

Pidgin is more clean than windows live but got less features (got problem with sending images and files). It does basically the same, so...

Also accepting/inviting people not work well, which is the most important.

L2J is under extinction, no matter the chronicle, that's nothing new (agony begun around 2009, and going faster with the fact L2 is now free).

Does any of you know if there are tera or blade and soul public emulators? because in my opinion its time to move on. Because from developer point of view l2j is a big chance to improve and implement new stuff, but for players its just and old, unreal engine 2, game when we have already seen all what we had to see.

I don't want to speak for others, but eventually L2DC team would be interested. Take it with 10% accuracy.

About creating a new emulator, coming from 0... It's totally different than correcting L2J.

About Tera, and that's normal coming from russians, there is already a project (framework, better said), named TeraEmu.

Dunno if it was official or not, but check that topic

http://forums.infiniteaion.com/index.php?/topic/17271-teraemu/

As you can see, there is numerous known names.

And so far on B&S, no info about emulator.

I wouldn't say Lineage is dying. If you ever happen to wander across those brazillian servers theres somehow hundreds of them still playing. I have no idea how they hell these servers get found and why they're so popular but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I guess it's like Everquest; even years after it's initial release they're still releasing full A+++ priced expansion packs and people still play it.

TeraEmu is dead, and for exmple, before there was a Tera-Api project, but it closed because tera's company closed them. Its like not only l2j is dying but all the spirit of games emulations.

I had no idea about Br servers, but i know that there are a lot of russian servers, but for example there is a must to have russian htms.

And l2j needs a lot of ppl playing it, because there are a lot of servers, and all the servers are nearly the same, nothing new.

TeraEmu is dead, and for exmple, before there was a Tera-Api project, but it closed because tera's company closed them. Its like not only l2j is dying but all the spirit of games emulations.

I had no idea about Br servers, but i know that there are a lot of russian servers, but for example there is a must to have russian htms.

And l2j needs a lot of ppl playing it, because there are a lot of servers, and all the servers are nearly the same, nothing new.

Yea the reason it's the same is because thats Lineage 2. You can try new things, I do all the time. The issue becomes who is your target audience. Most people that wander in here are as I mentioned earlier: ask a question, get a response, never come back. They're not interested in new things they're interested in Lineage 2.

EDIT: If you're interested in trying something new with Lineage then you need to reach to the right audience. Looking here you won't find anybody because most of the people that wander across here are here purely for Lineage 2. Graphics and Engines have nothing to do with it (look at Minecraft, Terraria, Everquest, these games compared to the graphics of modern games suck, but people still play them).

They play to others games because gameplay is different, L2 is dying cause none busy about oldschool gameplay anymore (aka farm like a noob for 4 years to finally reach high lvl). That style of gameplay is definitively dead, and no one want to play on such game anymore.

L2 devs themselves made a more casual approach, they begun since 2007 basically. The current MMO users look for fast fun. Myself included. If I give you the choice between a game where you can directly PvP (such as APB Reloaded, only to give a name) or a game you have to wait 4 years in order to be decent in PvP (L2 and ersatz), I think you will choose fast.

People continuing making "retail-like" L2 gameplay simply got no clue about actual MMO market. It's time to leave your rabbit holes, see what others games can propose and adapt all that knowledge in something new for your server.

Should we renamed the topic : "let's talk of gameplay" ? Lol. We're offtopic since 1 page at least.

Should we renamed the topic : "let's talk of gameplay" ? Lol. We're offtopic since 1 page at least.

I guess this'd be a perfect discussion for the irc channel :P

And I'm still lonely here so come and talk plz :cccc

EDIT: I thought you said start the offtopic, not stop hah.

L2j creativity general? L2j creativity general.

I wanted to implement a system like Dark Souls has where when you die you drop all your money. So I made that:

Testing with a friend: Lineage 2 - Grave 4

• 2 weeks later...

To tryskell because nobody else goes in there (and that one other random dude): I have no internet connection at home (just moved) so I won't be around for a while.

No problem, I moved of house too those last days (4 days without inet :'(), all is ok now.

Hope it would be short for you too ^^.