[Help] Skill Animation

I'm trying to edit some skill animations such as Celestial Shield. I am testing it with a random ID (4).

Original:

4 1 1 10 -1 1 1.00000000 0 X skill.mo.4 icon.skill0004 0 0 0 0 8 10

Edited:

4 1 1 10 -1 1 1.00000000 0 X LineageEffect.e_u511_a icon.skill0004 0 0 0 0 8 10

4 1 1 10 -1 1 1.00000000 0 X LineageEffect.e_u511_a icon.skill0004 0 0 0 0 11 11

4 1 1 10 -1 1 1.00000000 0 X skill.ph.28 icon.skill0004 0 0 0 0 8 10

Original line of random skill 2 -

21 2 0 35 -1 1 4.00000000 1 D skill.wh.1012 icon.skill0021 0 0 0 0 8 10

Nothing happens....

Apparently changing the skill.whatever does not do anything to the skill, or I am doing something wrong q_q

I have looked inside skill.usk with hex editor and found the translated names, but changing it does not effect the skill animation at all. I have read the other skills, but no luck. Unless the full line is copy/pasted, the animation won't work for some reason o_o

Also, where are the unk's (in game too) coming from?

I mean like there are some great mob death effects from lineageEffect that i can't add to skills, or is this not related to skillgrp but some other file? Else if I am editing the wrong values...

Thanks <3

• 2 weeks later...

I did, it's not explaining where the thing calls to. Some are left blank in the skill column then I need to fix its castType and define a skill.whatever. But, why can't I add LineageEffects for skills?

I did, it's not explaining where the thing calls to. Some are left blank in the skill column then I need to fix its castType and define a skill.whatever. But, why can't I add LineageEffects for skills?

Ignore him. Just send me with pm which skill you want and the 2 systems so I adapt it.

Cheers

I don't have a strong opinion about it, because never touch it, just modify skill animation like raid boss skills

That is the effect I am trying to use as skill. It is a mob thing, coming from

LineagePawn;
var()
emitter Emt;
    simulated function 
PostBeginPlay()
{
Super.PostBeginPlay();
}
    simulated event 
NotifyDie()
{
Emt = Spawn(class'Lineageeffect.e_u511_a',Self,'',Location,Rotation);

Shot00007.jpg

Maybe you guys misunderstood, but I want a LineageEffect to be a skill. Like augment effect being casting as a skill. Not a RB skill.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody knows what the hell controls skill time? i try to add skill effects from lineageeffects.u god to freya, and some skills like vampyric claw never go away, their animation stay untill client is restarted.

• 4 weeks later...

you can do this by hooking the skill to the desired effect through hex editor, or at least thats how i did before ..

Right... so let's say I want to change Dance of Warrior to have another skill animation. I found the ph_dance_of_warrior_ta  and replaced it with ph_dance_of_light_ta. I saved it and encrypted as 111 then in game when I do dance of warrior nothing happens. I am copying the string (translated side) in the the hex editor and pasting it over the desired effect. There is probably something wrong with the method isn't it...

Shot00002.jpg

Shot00003.jpg

I managed to get something like this and I think that the effect has to match the number of characters of the effect I am replacing.

The only problem is the collision (1st pic), can't see the part in the USK or the collision. I think that e_u004_a (the one I edited) was the only one that matched.

Tips/advice/solutions? D:

• 5 months later...

can anyone help me;

I want to lineage 2 to see through the wall

no problem - delete staticmesh folder, or change all texture(in texture folder, not Systexture!) by adding there alpha chanel huh )