WTS GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION!!! UNIQUE PROJECT

SoRa

Why? Because back then (2000yr+), when they started making it, java wasnt that good, linux also. Also Im still thinking that they will stick with C++ for other reasons, one of them is that they dont have many Java developers there.

Why? Because back then (2000yr+), when they started making it, java wasnt that good, linux also. Also Im still thinking that they will stick with C++ for other reasons, one of them is that they dont have many Java developers there.

No.

It's inefficient and underperforms any unmanaged language.

Does everyone on MXC just read stuff and make their own theories and then validate eachother?

How about discussing brain surgery?

Slow is a really misunderstood term. Yes java AND .NET are both slower than C/C++ since whenever they need to use any of the OS ( and lower ) resources , their application execution path passes through the framework which is another application.

But ...

1)

Here's the issue, we have a socket that communicates with a client over the ocean, with 100 millisecond latency, does it really matter if java will take 1 ms more to execute the action the client requested ? The mass delay mmo gets is from network and generally I/O. Once the data is in the application, be it memory or virtual memory the performance difference is neglectible compared to the total delay that occurs in each communication attempt.

2)

C++ is EMPTY. It has no sockets, it has no threads, it has NOTHING. If you want to use something other the OS resources to make it slightly portable you need to get some extension libraries that should be protable and noone guarantees their security and performance. To make a big project you need to downgrade C++'s amazing performance to add libraries that will make your building ability easier. And as for threads, boy you should see the POSIX standard of C++, IT SUCKS ASS. Nothing compared to the threading system java provides.

3)

Nothing is safe in C++. A simple unchecked cpy and boom, you got hacked bitch. Memory leaks occur in higher frequency of the programmers are not experienced ( no GC there ... ) and generally more errors occur when imtermediate programmers (yes, we are not professionals sorry) like us get their hands in such an unrestricted environment.

C++ is very fast, i cant say the opposite. But its an old language, very low level and not suited alone for big applications/projects that dont have performance as their top goal.

PS: I have a good article about C++ vs Java bookmarked in my ipad, where someone with lots experience explains why he chooses Java over C++ for his company. Ill paste the link when i get to it.

PS2: That cheater dissappeared after we mocked his supposed emulator. Seems his money scam didnt succeed after all. Damn i feel as if im "Wikileaks" when saving the world from evil !!! Makes me be proud when i go to bed ! ::)

Slow is a really misunderstood term. Yes java AND .NET are both slower than C/C++ since whenever they need to use any of the OS ( and lower ) resources , their application execution path passes through the framework which is another application.

But ...

1)

Here's the issue, we have a socket that communicates with a client over the ocean, with 100 millisecond latency, does it really matter if java will take 1 ms more to execute the action the client requested ? The mass delay mmo gets is from network and generally I/O. Once the data is in the application, be it memory or virtual memory the performance difference is neglectible compared to the total delay that occurs in each communication attempt.

2)

C++ is EMPTY. It has no sockets, it has no threads, it has NOTHING. If you want to use something other the OS resources to make it slightly portable you need to get some extension libraries that should be protable and noone guarantees their security and performance. To make a big project you need to downgrade C++'s amazing performance to add libraries that will make your building ability easier. And as for threads, boy you should see the POSIX standard of C++, IT SUCKS ASS. Nothing compared to the threading system java provides.

3)

Nothing is safe in C++. A simple unchecked cpy and boom, you got hacked bitch. Memory leaks occur in higher frequency of the programmers are not experienced ( no GC there ... ) and generally more errors occur when imtermediate programmers (yes, we are not professionals sorry) like us get their hands in such an unrestricted environment.

C++ is very fast, i cant say the opposite. But its an old language, very low level and not suited alone for big applications/projects that dont have performance as their top goal.

PS: I have a good article about C++ vs Java bookmarked in my ipad, where someone with lots experience explains why he chooses Java over C++ for his company. Ill paste the link when i get to it.

PS2: That cheater dissappeared after we mocked his supposed emulator. Seems his money scam didnt succeed after all. Damn i feel as if im "Wikileaks" when saving the world from evil !!! Makes me be proud when i go to bed ! ::)

All of you arguments points to why c++ is faster and is better.

And the EXACT reason why it's the only choice for large scale projects of any kind.

If the tool needs to save the user from making dumbass mistakes - it cannot be an effective tool.

But love your fanboyism leluche \o/

Try to be objective instead of subjective - next time tho.

I geuss no one here remembers the days when c++ was  considered highlevel...

Its obvious that as the time lapses, developers prefer easier and more abstract tools. Even Java is considered lower level nowadays with Python and all the other scripting garbages around. And im not a fanboy. I also use C++ but not in L2J. :)

Its obvious that as the time lapses, developers prefer easier and more abstract tools. Even Java is considered lower level nowadays with Python and all the other scripting garbages around. And im not a fanboy. I also use C++ but not in L2J. :)

Doesn't change the fact, the statements are wrong for any performance index.

Writing a Calculator with interface is alot faster in .net/java than in raw Assembly for intel16/intel32/wow64.

And you probably won't see a difference between either finished product performance.

However run in 80486 machine and you will ;)

Doesn't change the fact, the statements are wrong for any performance index.

Writing a Calculator with interface is alot faster in .net/java than in raw Assembly for intel16/intel32/wow64.

And you probably won't see a difference between either finished product performance.

However run in 80486 machine and you will ;)

This things still exist??

Come on! we have servers with 16 cores that sums up to more than 40ghz of cpu power, dont put in discussion 80486, programming applies to the currently power systems, we dont want to make stones to execute applications.

Btw this is way off topic.

Leluche i was quite sure that he was scammer too, but i didnt want to bother more for him just asked for proofs so the credits are not all yours.

O well ... what can i say. Since you didnt bother revealing the conspiracy and i did, i think i deserve the most credits. And if you dissagree, we will see each other in the court mister ! Ill fill a lawsuit  ;D