Editing a *.u Lineage 2 files!!

come on guys, this is some serious programming, no one up for the challenge? ... seams on this forum there is only noobish custom texture editing , rly no one cares?

Don't double post. And don't call noobish something that you don't even know to do. To do something like that requires to use NCsofts tools like it's developers use. You can't do much just with hex coding deal with it. This is your first warn.

not rly, i found in hex the lines needed (after decoding the .u file is pretty readable) , i found the exact position where the lines end in the old .u file, i pasted them there also in hex, saved the old file , even the float values were the same in bin code, but the game gives an error.

i m just saying the 99% of this forum is texture editing, adaptations when it comes to core, no one helps, i tried to adapt new maps, i did it in the end, but still no help here.

anyways ty for ur effort, seams yet again i m on my own.

not rly, i found in hex the lines needed (after decoding the .u file is pretty readable) , i found the exact position where the lines end in the old .u file, i pasted them there also in hex, saved the old file , even the float values were the same in bin code, but the game gives an error.

i m just saying the 99% of this forum is texture editing, adaptations when it comes to core, no one helps, i tried to adapt new maps, i did it in the end, but still no help here.

anyways ty for ur effort, seams yet again i m on my own.

I just told you that you can't go on all you can do is what you did. And then ? What you will do then ? I told you everything is part of the system you can't copy those lines paste them just with using hex and then pump working. This will never be trust me. As about who helps on this forum well about myself I help people that have problems related to client but all in all the final person who has to do shit is just you. This is how this world works not the forum only. I explained you about the .u files they are COMPILED source files. Just use hex and you will do a shit. I told you that before , in pm , after and you still no seem to understand that what you doing has no result. Just keep wasting your time no problem for me I just tried to help. Gl

sry i did not receive ur pm :( i needed to be pointed how to do it, seams it s not rly possible to decode for real the unreal script , at least i tried, and i have a better understanding of everything, i even managed to do what i planned for..

anyways ty

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really the guy doesn't know what he's doing most of the time and gets into mashing keys for some reason

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

U CANNOT EDIT .u. understand.  fkin newbs everywhere, read the fkin topic. dont just post.

not everything on the internet is double click copy paste. try be original. read the topic, experiment for hundread sof hours in hex, then u might have a chance to modify maybe 1 small thing. low chances.

but 99% dont even try, they just want to copy paste, insert some numbers and voila. retards everywhere. same goes for private servers, most copy paste install and there it is the 10000th private server, with same shitty shits.

l2 went to drain when l2j started.

U CANNOT EDIT .u. understand.  fkin newbs everywhere, read the fkin topic. dont just post.

Learn, understand, develop and everything is possible.

If YOU, you can't make anything, please don't post ...

Learn, understand, develop and everything is possible.

If YOU, you can't make anything, please don't post ...

I agree with you but you'r tool can only change in between values, false or true, decimal, but it can't write new data in package so it will have new size and more Name, Export.

But i can do that with hex(I know unreal script format very good) , but can't write program to make it auto.