[Guide]Optimizing l2j server for online 600+

This Manual has written instructions for optimizing Windows Server 2003 x64, and MySQL on the work of Lineage 2 servers with online 500-600.

Everyone knows that Windows is the standard always allocates a large part of the RAM internal services that work in the background.

Such a distribution is not satisfying.

Therefore:

1. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties

2. Click on the Advanced tab

3. You will see a window with a button Performance Options "Click on it. (New window)

4. Click on the Advanced tab

5. In this window, click the Advanced tab.

6. Here you see "Distribution of CPU time and memory usage" put anywhere "program."

Thus, we achieve the proper distribution of power.

Now we need to allocate more virtual memory for the system.

We do it this way:

1. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties (new window will appear)

2. Click on the Advanced tab

3. You will see a window with a button Performance Options "Click on it. (New window)

4. Click on the Advanced tab

5. At the bottom of the section "Virtual Memory" in this section, click edit.

6. A new window appears in the window, select your hard drive where you should your server when the selected disk to the server, then just below, select "Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size."

7. There will be two windows to enter:

Initial size (MB):

Maximum size (MB):

In these fields, you enter the amount of total memory divided by 1.5, ie at the moment I have 8.5 GB of RAM, I divide 8500 by 1.4, we obtain an approximate value: 6100 GB

This approximate value is entered in both places. Check that you have shared is true and to write on both windows, the same values. Then click Ok.

8. Close all windows and restart your computer.

If you have an extra empty hard disk, I advise you to use it under the swap file.

At this stage, set up Windows over.

Now go to the settings of MySQL, we have long and successfully installed.

Primarily set up the maximum number of connections (connection) to MySQL:

Maximum number of competing sessions MYSQL server will allow connect. One of these connections will be reserved for the customer with the highest privileges, ie, for the administrator, even if the connection limit has been reached.

max_connections = 2000 - then set about 2000, it will be an optimum value for the server, given that you do and the base site, which also connects to.

If your tables get large, you need to put a greater value than it is, ie, if your table weighs 200 MB, then you need to put in 2 times is 512.

table_cache = 256

This additional memory is allocated for the tables if they are larger than the specified value table_cache, tuning is more than enough 8mb

innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 8M

It makes no sense to put more 16M

he size of the buffer InnoDB uses for buffering log data .  As soon AS
   # It is full, InnoDB will have to flush it to disk. As it is flushed
   # Once per second anyway, it does not make sense to have it very large
   # (Even with long transactions).
   innodb_log_buffer_size = 16M

If the server has free RAM, then you can increase the value that would be beneficial for the base.

# InnoDB, unlike MyISAM, uses a buffer pool to cache both indexes and
   # Row data. The bigger you set this the less disk I / O is needed to
   # Access data in tables. On a dedicated database server you may set this
   # Parameter up to 80% of the machine physical memory size. Do not set it
   # Too large, though, because competition of the physical memory may
   # Cause paging in the operating system. Note that on 32bit systems you
   # Might be limited to 2-3.5G of user level memory per process, so do not
   # Set it too high.
   innodb_buffer_pool_size = 1024M

Usually exhibit a half from my innodb_buffer_pool_size.

Remember, if you change this configuration, you need to turn off the muscle and remove the logs.

Logs are: MySQL Server 5.0 \ data

remove ib_logile0 and ib_logfile1

# Size of each log file in a log group. You should set the combined size
   # Of log files to about 25% -100% of your buffer pool size to avoid
   # Unneeded buffer pool flush activity on log file overwrite. However,
   # Note that a larger logfile size will increase the time needed for the
   # Recovery process.
   innodb_log_file_size = 512M

Assembly (for example, the assembly of Scoria):

gameserver_loop.sh

Dbhost = localhost
   USER = root
   PASS =
   DBNAME = l2jdb

ERR = 1
   Until  [ $ ERR ==  0  ];
   do
   # Mysqlcheck-h $ DBHOST-u $ USER - password = $ PASS-s-r $ DBNAME>> "log /` date +% Y-% m-% d_% H:% M:% S `-sql_check. log "
   # Mysqldump-h $ DBHOST-u $ USER - password = $ PASS $ DBNAME | zip "backup /` date +% Y-% m-% d_% H:% M:% S `-l2jdb_gameserver.zip" -
   MV . / log / java0 . log . 0  ". / log /` date +% Y-% m-% d_% H-% M-% S `_java.log"
   MV . / log / stdout . log ". / log / Date` +% Y-% m-% D_% H-% M-% S `_stdout.log"
   # If need - uncoment # # mv. / Log / chat.log ". / Log /` date +% Y-% m-% d_% H:% M:% S `-chat.log" #
   Java - Dfile . Encoding = UTF - 8  - Xms1024m  - Xmx2048m  - XX : + UseParallelGC  - XX : + AggressiveOpts  - CP . / lib / *: l2scoria-mmocore-2.jar: bsh-engine.jar: bsh-2.0b5. jar: c3p0-0.9.1.2.jar: jython.jar: jython-engine.jar: commons-logging-1.1.jar: commons-io-1.2.jar: commons-lang-2.1.jar: javolution.jar: mysql- connector-java-5.1.8-bin.jar: / lib/l2scoria-core-3.jar com.l2scoria.gameserver.GameServer>. / log / stdout.log 2> & 1
   sleep 10;
   done

mmocore.properties

#------------------------------------------------- ------------
   # Set buffer compounds -
   #------------------------------------------------- ------------
   # The buffer size in kbit (kilobits)
   # By default (Windows) - 64KBits
   # Default (* nix) - 128KBits
   NetworkReadBufferSize  =  128
   NetworkWriteBufferSize  =  128
   NetworkHelperBufferSize  =  128
   ***  If  Win  -  64  stake
   # The size of auxiliary buffers
NetworkHelperBufferCount  =  20

flood.properties

# Must be the approximate value of players
   FloodProtectorInitialSize  =  600

I hope this Guide will help you, it has certainly helped me alot!

Virtual Memory... REALLY? Virtual memory will give some extra virtual ram memory wich will be very very slow compared to real ram, cause it will write everything to hard disk. Your server will run, but it will lag like hell. Best thing in optimizing your server would be: delete windows, install linux.

L2j cannot be optimized from pc side theres simple no way. L2j have the performance/stability issues inside the software if you make proper code changes you can make it stable with good performance stats but to be honest thats a lot of work.

Let me explain just a few stuff why this guide is not what ppl needs.

L2j use trove trove isnt a good idea it makes the script not safe since trove is not thread safe itself.

L2j many times dont show proper log which makes your work harder as far as finding an issue goes.

L2j have absolutely no code standard which leads to a mess.

Things like i stated above result in a pack thats slow,use a lot of resources for absolutely no reason,unstable and for that you got absolutely no features.

Even if you install it on linux.

and by 1000 people? There is a manual?

Yes its the same but make some changes to make it for 1k ppl

Virtual Memory... REALLY? Virtual memory will give some extra virtual ram memory wich will be very very slow compared to real ram, cause it will write everything to hard disk. Your server will run, but it will lag like hell. Best thing in optimizing your server would be: delete windows, install linux.

hmm not really that is means the windows is better than linux and ofc linux is the best choice about the server but many ppl dont knows much about linux :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes its the same but make some changes to make it for 1k ppl

hmm not really that is means the windows is better than linux and ofc linux is the best choice about the server but many ppl dont knows much about linux :)

I saw once a sign where it said

if(want L2j stable)

use Linux;

else

use Windows;

Now i can't say Windows is rubbish but you need to set virtual memory while Linux will just start using swap. Another thing is that Linux 64 bit clean with just mysql and whats needed to run the L2j will use arround 500mb of RAM while i believe Windows would use arround 1GB. So from performance view Linux are better but for unexperienced user Linux will be pain in the ass :D