[PC][WhiteWolf & CCP]World of Darkness MMORPG (The Vampire Masquerade is back)

Setekh

themasquera.de_worldofdarkness2_1920x1200-700x437.jpg

Well dunno what you guys know bout it but this is the oldest rpg ever, it's been around over 20 years.

What is world of darkness?

"World of Darkness" (or WoD) is the name given to three related but distinct fictional universes created as settings for supernatural horror themed role-playing games. It is also the name of roleplaying games in the second and third settings. The first was conceived by Mark Rein-Hagen, while the second was designed by several people at White Wolf Gaming Studio, which Rein-Hagen helped to found. The first two World of Darkness settings have been used for several horror fiction-themed role-playing games that make use of White Wolf's Storyteller / Storytelling System, as well as Mind's Eye Theatre, a live action roleplaying game based on the core games. The third, Monte Cook's World of Darkness, created by Monte Cook based on the first two World of Darkness settings, includes only a single product.

WoD MMORPG:

A merger between Crowd Control Productions and White Wolf, Inc. was announced at the annual Eve Online fanfest in Reykjavík, Iceland, in November 2006. As part of the deal, it was announced that White Wolf would be adapting the Eve Online intellectual property into a RPG, and CCP explicitly stated "There will be a World of Darkness Online", referring to a MMORPG version of the game. According to news at the time, work had already begun on the WoD MMORPG and full time production was to commence within the year and launch in 4–5 years.

As of January 2008, full production of the WoD MMORPG was scheduled start March 2009 after the Eve Online expansion was finished according to CCP. Official confirmation that the game is currently in development surfaced in Aug 2009 on the official CCP web site.

The game will be based on Vampire: The Masquerade and "will have a focus on player politics and social interaction." It is scheduled to launch in 2012 at the earliest.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness

White Wolf youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/whitewolfgames

Sites:

http://www.white-wolf.com/

http://www.vampirethemasquerade.com/

Game Teaser & Carbon Game Engine Trailer:

World Of Darkness - First Ingame Footage

On Machinima Realm News

So check out the first Machinima realm video, it will give u an insight if ur a newbie to world of darkness and also check out white-wolf website!

Hell yeah,i love Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines (i finished this game 2x with Brujah and Malkavian :P).

Omg the graphic is awesome O_o,waiting for news :^)

didnt someone posted this long ago? D:

also, seth vampire perv.

Didn't search >.> but im more dedicated to this xD

And yeah..

Hell yeah,i love Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines (i finished this game 2x with Brujah and Malkavian :P).

Omg the graphic is awesome O_o,waiting for news :^)

Malkavians are my favs xD

My opinion is that :this kind of games or only for twilight addicters and Setekh

hate those kind of games but i like BloodRain because of the graphich

Did u even read?

Bloodrain = crap.

Twilight is for emo sissys.

This game is played for 20 years now, twilight is like 1 or 2 years old.

And it started as an pen & paper rpg, not just another game, so imagine its not played by 15 yo kids.

I'll wait for it. I've waited a long for a good fresh MMORPG. Let's hope WOD would be the one I've been waiting for.

I know u played the pen and paper game, but making it on carbon + nvidea apex engines and 20 years of waiting.. makes this game probably the most waited game in the whole world xD

• 1 year later...