Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quadcore incl. Hyper-Threading Technology
    * RAM 24 GB DDR3 RAM
    * Hard discs 2 x 1500 GB SATA-II HDD
      (Software-RAID 1)
    * NIC 1 GBit OnBoard
      connected at 100 MBit
    * Backup Space 100 GB
    * Traffic Unlimited*

And i want to know if it's possible to launch a Lineage 2 Off Server with it ? If yes, i am looking for the best free files possible or very cheap. I know that there already have a lot of share, but i don't want old or very bad stuff.

Thank you for your help.

Well

Actually 2008 windows ain't good,for OFF server for sure 2003 its da best.

Now for OFF files,

for sure you wont find something really "good" for free,for sure.

Ofc you can find many free off files,but for sure they arent the best.

If you want a really nice OFF server you should pay for that.(I mean for developer)

@The whole servers specs(Expect windows) its really amazing.

Well, i know that i can't find a very good files, but just the best possible to work on it.

If i ask to my hoster company to change win 2008 to 2003, it's work or the i7 will be a problem too? Because if i remember, i see that i7 do problem :)

Thank again :)

well for your files which you need you can find them(if there are) here -> http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?board=60.0

search there.But also you can just use google to find , for sure you can find something usefull if search

@Now yes for sure 2003 windows its da best,now dunno about i7.

L2SERVER ONLY RUNS ON WINDOWS SERVER 2003 64-BIT

It has been said 40 fucking million times on every forum related on the internet, why don't you people learn? Obviously you have NO IDEA about the fundamentals of L2OFF considering you are most likely using a plugnplay pack *applause* for +1 noob entering the now dead scene  :-\

It has been said 40 -beep-ing million times on every forum related on the internet, why don't you people learn? Obviously you have NO IDEA about the fundamentals of L2OFF considering you are most likely using a plugnplay pack *applause* for +1 noob entering the now dead scene  :-\

Well, why do you talk to me like it? You think i am a kid with 14 years old who want to do a ****-ing server only to be GM ? I am in the L2j scene since 4-5 years ago now. I have always learned and be patient in every task, and you call me noob ?

I have searched before post it, somes guys say me that it's work, another no, another maybe with i7 etc...

So now, stop do your best L2Off Dev with your L2Rebound Server, who will be closed after 3 months.

Please, next post be constructive. Thank you Fanky.

Well, why do you talk to me like it? You think i am a kid with 14 years old who want to do a ****-ing server only to be GM ? I am in the L2j scene since 4-5 years ago now. I have always learned and be patient in every task, and you call me noob ?

I have searched before post it, somes guys say me that it's work, another no, another maybe with i7 etc...

So now, stop do your best L2Off Dev with your L2Rebound Server, who will be closed after 3 months.

I can't quite remember if the i7 processors matter.

You could ask yourself what kind of hosting company your at, when they offer you servers with consumer/desktop based processors in their servers in the firstplace(Read - shitty).

Nehalem based processors work fine in the Xeon lines, so i don't see why the i7 shouldn't.

There could be, knowing intel, be some instruction set differences, causing l2server or any extender to go poop.

Which would require lots of manual research to figure out where and change it proper.

Second of all, software raid is retarded if your going for HD write speed(which is one of the bottlenecks, atleast in heavy demanding populated l2off servers) - and you'll never ever NEED 3 tb of space.

(nor more than 12 gb of ram, at an ansolute max).

It's more than enough to run an L2Off server, with the exception of win2008.

Since you'll probably never go above 500 or 1k constant players - unless maybe if you get the hype factor from the dumb l2 kids who like to bandwagon every 3 months.

I am in the L2j scene since 4-5 years ago now. I have always learned and be patient in every task, and you call me noob

The point nounours is in your own words, "L2J Scene", and L2Off and L2j are two different things.

Rebound isn't mine you idiot. Vim is just a friend of mine.

The point nounours is in your own words, "L2J Scene", and L2Off and L2j are two different things.

I know it, but it's just to say that i am not like a kid or noob, who want all files 100% work without know anything or something like it.

Well thank you everybody, i will tell you if I7 work.

Have a nice day ;)

I know it, but it's just to say that i am not like a kid or noob, who want all files 100% work without know anything or something like it.

Well thank you everybody, i will tell you if I7 work.

Have a nice day ;)

You are using windows server 2008 for one. so yes, you are a noob.

You are using windows server 2008 for one. so yes, you are a noob.

Read before say this shit, i said that i will ask to my hoster company to have Win2003... because they only propose Win2008.

Do somethings against this idiot. Thank.

You should read this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

Don't confuse noob with newbie. 2 Different things ignorants.

And he would fall under the catagory of Noob, asking questions he can search for.

No. You cannot run l2off on windows 2008. Nor can you run it on i7.

You can start it up and run it for a while if you're lucky, but it will be EXTREMELY unstable.

Considering your knowledge of L2off is zero to none, chance of you correcting it yourself are non-existent.

Xeon, Windows 2003. That's your only option.

And get rid of software raid. They suck.

Either hardware raid card (or integrated controller on server motherboards?) or none.

No. You cannot run l2off on windows 2008. Nor can you run it on i7.

You can start it up and run it for a while if you're lucky, but it will be EXTREMELY unstable.

Considering your knowledge of L2off is zero to none, chance of you correcting it yourself are non-existent.

Xeon, Windows 2003. That's your only option.

And get rid of software raid. They suck.

Either hardware raid card (or integrated controller on server motherboards?) or none.

zero to none is an oxymoron

you mean slim to none

As for the problems with i7s and 2008 basically no one has done any research into it past a few changes done in COEP which don't really fix it on either... though the i7s is probably something to do with the updates with parallel processing added in the i series processors, and i've said before that 2008 is most likely because of the changes made to the handling of shared memory access practices, both of which no one on this forum are ever going to fix or even bother looking at...

so yeah, xeons/opterons/phenoms and 2003, if your datacenter doesn't offer 2003, change datacenters.

and tbh you shouldn't be at a datacenter that offers i7s as serious servers anyway considering they are more for general desktop and gaming usage as Xeons kick the ass of i7s for the high-load data environments you get from a server (obviously that doesn't include the i7 980x considering it has 6 cores).