[Review]Darksiders

Youtzi

1292138002361j6kmj.jpeg

Minimum System Requirements

* Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz Processor or better

* Memory: 1GB XP, 2GB Vista / Windows 7

* Graphics: NVIDIA (GeForce 8800/GeForce GT220) 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256MB graphics card or better ( must support pixel shader 3 )

* DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

* Hard Drive: 12GB

* Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

Recommended System Requirements

* Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz

* Memory: 2GB XP, 3GB Vista / Windows 7

* Graphics: NVIDIA (GeForce GTS 240) 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD3870 256MB graphics card or better ( must support pixel shader 3 )

* DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

* Hard Drive: 12GB

* Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

So this game has been previewed again but I'm going to make a full review of it...

To begin with, the story is about a war raging among good and evil since the beginning of time. After the creation of the human kind the two sides made peace only until the humans would be strong enough to compete them so that only one of the three reaces would survive. The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse are the ones responsible for keeping the peace in place by protecting the Seven Seals. Nevertheless, for reasons that I will not spoil, this peace is broken and hell unleashes its warriors on Earth...The game itself then fast-forwards a century and shows us what is left of Earth:ruins,zombies,monsters and a few angels. The player takes control of War(judging by his name you should have realised by now the type of the game), one of the Horsemen who is to be blamed for the extinction of the human race.

In terms of gameplay, darksiders will remind you of any other action-genre game,3rd person shooter ofc, yet with the adding of combos. These combos are bought with souls(the game's currence) and differ for each of the 3 available weapon choices.Imo,this feature is very nice but,most probably,you;ll forget that they even exist since battles,in the beginning at least,are tough and require attention and,furhermore,they are too many.For example,I counted 40 moves for the chaos blade(the player's first and primary weapon).War,at the beginning,is weak and has no wide variety of armory,weapons and skills to choose from,yet as the game advances you'll find yourself fully equipped,almost undefeatable,especially if you are the kind of gamer that appreciates searching the map thoroughly.In Darksiders there are no collectables.Except from the combos there are also one-button fatality prompts,like the ones in God of War and Dante's Inferno,that at first seem awesome but after cutting the legs and stabbing the 1000th demon they become dull.There are hidden pieces of armor,life/wrath shards(the first expand War's life meter,the second allow him to use further powerful attacks),artifacts(precious to the arms dealer,useless to you) and Lineage's lifestones that when equipped to your weapons(which they,too, level-up over time and after killing thousands upon thousands of enemies)will grant them a passive ability.So,considering the combos,War's life(which,for me,is too much and towards the end even a mediocre action gamer simply can't die) and the levelled-up,lifestone-equipped weapons the battles tend to become less and less interesting.

Darksiders-Wrath-of-War-1.jpg

Above:War and his side-kick,The Watcher

Now, when you are not fighting legions of identical hell minions(which happens pretty often since every time you move accross a place that has been explored,the enemies killed in the first place seem to revive and you have to kill them all over again) the game offers a variety of puzzles,whose difficulty range is medium to hard(at least for me).One or two are bound to test your nerves and patience,you can trust me on that but they are a break from killing myriads of demons and monsters.Puzzles also appear in some of the game's Bosses,where,except your weapons and combat skills,puzzle-solving is also needed for them to be defeated.Plus,there are also some mini-games,unfortunately too little of them,that will challenge your speed,accuracy and,generally,your combat skills.

Last but not least,what needs to be mentioned is that the game is not free-roaming but the maps which are to be explored are both satisfying in length and worth searching,since in every hidden corner there are goodies that will upgrade War.The only annoying thing,as stated before,is that each time you backtrack you have to face again the enemies that had been dealt with in your first visit,let alone the fact that sometimes they increase both their number and IQ meter.

100923100622620052.jpg

Above:after killing a gazillion demons you get to fight the final Boss

Moving to the technical details,the graphics are good-looking and the sound is one of the best that I've seen in a video game.The voices and the acting of all the appearing characters are very natural along with the music and the sound effects of the numerous battles you'll be forced to participate.Finally, it won't take you more than 12-16 hours to complete but I can't promise that you'll have collected all of the hidden lifestones,life/wrath shards,amor pieces and artifacts of the map.

DARKSIDERS.jpg

Don't get too excited,you only fly with that creature once

To sum up,I certainly don't think that it is a game that will change the history of game-playing(Darksiders itself having borrowed things from god of war and devil may cry),but it's definitely worth a look.

I would evaluate it with 8-8.5/10

Here is a review of the game that I found quite precise of what darksiders is about:

Here is the original trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMxP_GstP8

And here are some videos that demonstrate Darksider's gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0RpY_nSW0 (gameplay trailer)

Sure I was meaning to put them but then I forgot.

Here is a review of the game that I found quite precise of what darksiders is about:

And here are some videos that demonstrate Darksider's gameplay:

(gameplay trailer)

Sure I was meaning to put them but then I forgot.

And here is some videos that demonstrate Darksider's gameplay:

(gameplay trailer)

Oh thanks , I think that more better this links insert in 1st post =)

It looks pretty nice, i'd say not bad at all...

Even if i've just started LoL and i'm not willing to start a new game soon, maybe i'll try it anyway..

Ps: use [ youtube]link[ /youtube] tags is better :)

It looks pretty nice, i'd say not bad at all...

Even if i've just started LoL and i'm not willing to start a new game soon, maybe i'll try it anyway..

Ps: use [ youtube]link[ /youtube] tags is better :)

Yes , use this tags , it's better , and also game good =)

Can you update your topic for good?

for example , add images , add command for youtube videos ([youtube ] [ /youtube ]) and more..

anyway thank you for post. :D

Can you update your topic for good?

for example , add images , add command for youtube videos ([youtube ] [ /youtube ]) and more..

anyway thank you for post. :D

Ok,you were right...now it's much better I think