Does piracy kill gaming?

I don't think piracy kills gaming, as people who pirate most likely never had any intention of buying the game in the first place or had no means to buy the game. And you can't say you lose sales due to piracy because there never were any sales to be lost. It is like me saying i lost millions in sales because no one bought my used Cheetos package because they just picked one from the trash.

I don't think piracy kills gaming, as people who pirate most likely never had any intention of buying the game in the first place or had no means to buy the game. And you can't say you lose sales due to piracy because there never were any sales to be lost. It is like me saying i lost millions in sales because no one bought my used Cheetos package because they just picked one from the trash.

Exactly , i like your way of thinking !

me too

• 1 month later...

i believe that games like cabal (f2p but not free to gear up) kills gaming! its totaly dissaster to play an official game with this kind of donates!!! ofcourse p2p games, even if private servers exist, will never die and will never lose a lot! in private servers you will never live situations like official!!! and ofcourse you will not have the same support+everyday you will have the chance to lose everything that you have earn...

i believe that games like cabal (f2p but not free to gear up) kills gaming! its totaly dissaster to play an official game with this kind of donates!!! ofcourse p2p games, even if private servers exist, will never die and will never lose a lot! in private servers you will never live situations like official!!! and ofcourse you will not have the same support+everyday you will have the chance to lose everything that you have earn...

Agree , games which are F2P and have in-game shop , most of them are quite lame (giving hats with 99999 stats all the time , lolz)

That's why everyone waits Guild Wars 2 , it's gonna be the bomb meng true bomb , Buy2Play and no in-game shop and that stuff also it's gonna be the most unique MMORPG ever :3

yeah, games which is b2p but not with monthly charge fee and not in game shops, are the best for our days!!! we need games like these so a new era of mmo will come up! i w8 that game too and i believe thats gonna be very good...

I think that piracy is not killing gaming,it kills the people that are working for the company that made the game

So they will get fired and they won't release a new sequel on their game so it's killing gaming ;P

• 2 weeks later...

So they will get fired and they won't release a new sequel on their game so it's killing gaming ;P

This is the best answer on the whole topic :P .Seriously now i think that piracy is a pain in the ass for the companys but it is a very good think for the gamers(talking about price).

Agree.

Currently in my opinion i think people should be more honest, And if we really like a certain game we need to support the company(How we can do that? Downloading it and if we like we buy it. Because they made a great effort to do it. It's the best way to show, we want another sequel from that game..