[Discussion]L2J Ideas

ofc ppl will post only crap

and those nice ideas will still remain secret, because only good ppl will have those nice ideas, and those good ppl have their own project that include their ideas too,

example tryskell.

Hehe Sido, I had exactly the same feeling than you about the topic (aka he develop bad ideas and will keep good ones for him), so I just didn't bother, until you talk of me :p.

Well you didn't have to make publicity about my concept server, but I appreciate you think I got decent ideas, even if I'm not so good you pretend :D. The problem of good ideas, they're often heavy and make the server only one way possible, and not another (aka faction server).

----

About ideas, you can try to invent a new event type. There are less than 10 differents in all. Just thinking of the concept will spend you some times. Remember some things can't be ported (or semi-broken) in some chronicles, as transform/untransform. It's the only good thing post-IL have on IL.

----

In the help section, someone is doing a code about stealing pvpkills when pvp occurs, and same code for monsters (earn pvpkills according to mob level). At default it's an "awesome" idea, it's still a fresh one. You can help him (but don't give him the final solution in one post, just work in paralel from him). Thread here : http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=186576.0

You have all concept, calcul part and even the code squeleton.

----

About the christmas event why not... I can't say it's a main feature, but it's still pleasing. Even if it's pretty heavy just for one season (christmas mainly), lol.

----

Someone have begun once time a project about dwarves spoil players (to pick adenas for example), but never finished. Can be a decent custom. I will add something like that in my server, even if it's not my top priority...

----

You can too search on others games. What have more wow/guild wars/lotro/etc than L2 haven't, excepting the main gameplay. Search just in special features of games, which make them unique :). As L2 is an asiatic MMO, all is basic, except graphic design :).

PS : Currently, my project got only 1132 files (-200 files from the beginning), the last commit was 3 months ago, and the next commit is atm 2299 added / 3339 removed lines. Just to stay personal ideas are the longest to code :D.

yes unbalance will rule, but still will give the oportunity to playes to make their own style of play.

thats what i love at wow.

You consider attributes as unbalance?holy shit

@Triskel

Some events are nothing about a server.Gameplay is what matters

@Triskel

Some events are nothing about a server.Gameplay is what matters

Topic creator talk about L2J ideas, not about L2J complete server :). Don't worry about me, really :D. My 14 pages gameplay bible is fine for my server, and my second project got even a bigger one.

I fully agree with you Fhinytau (it's for the @Triskel :D), but it's not a part of this discussion, except if you can modify commands to make them aion like (ZQSD). From the moment you have some limitations (client sided), you can't do so much. The best is still to use another game then lol :).

And some "events" can be the center of a whole new gameplay. Just be creative :). An event isn't forcefully an event. The 7 signs is an event, but it's so melted in L2 than you don't even see it. Olympiads are too an event. From the moment there is a cycle, repetable to infinite or not, with winners/losers, and if possible with gift to reward people, this is an event. By events then, I didn't only talk about christmas trees, kill flying pigs with music hammer and spawn elpies in giran :). Well I guess you get my point.

About attributes, a window which show current value could be usefull on IL, as there are no way to see it. It's really easy to do, something like a couple of hours. About others attributes or attributes system post IL, I disagree :). The attribute system from IL is enough, not need more, or need complete rebalance of buffs, blabla boring.

Except if you want implement it on failed x5k rate with weapon +30, which is a fail about gameplay (as we talk about gameplay :P). But people like failed servers. Another question to ask to my dark gods...

attributes where not the only things added in that chronicle,

so yes if u add them they MAY unbalance the server, but considering the facts that still now days we dont have decent server where balance is well done, where NCsoft still dont make a well balanced game play and etc.

think on the most of the servers where daggers rule and they have 2342342 buff slots for all rezist, think a bit if they would have even more resists from attributes.

short Ideea

AllowTanksToUseBow=False (for PVP server)

It's between 4 and 6 lines fix. With configs, 10.

PS : Dunno your chronicle, but I hope I will never find a server like your lol. Like if tanks were imba in pvp servers...

short Ideea

AllowTanksToUseBow=False (for PVP server)

this is smth like "dont allow daggers/archers to use IC" ....

was already "shared" and i guess "how to make it" too.

i have 20000 ideas also but i dont know to make the java codes :D

This is the point of this topic, share ideas and let developers code if it's possible (and when it's good).

Hm.. you can edit the Monster Race Track Reward to any special item..and let the player to bet in one line.. ;)

Something like Monster Race Track event...with special reward

That already exist but with adenas as reward..

monster_track.jpg

race.jpg