Vista or Xp Sp2 or Xp Sp3

rooy

for all of you :] who are "in love" with vista :P

look at what mcsoft did... first thay said that they are stoping support for xp in a year or smth like that :P but after they saw how bugged vista is they extend support of xp for about 3 years and begin work with windows 7 :P with is planed to be relesed as very early beta in january 2009 so good luck bugged vista lovers :] im staying with my xp and ubuntu

NO Only not vista is the wors windows what I have ever seen so complicated... many programs are blocked and working slower ...

Can you write some programs for example? As for me, everything works good. From Pivot Stickfigure Animator to Maya or AutoCAD

I trust in XP and Vista is a fail...

I don't understand comments like this! :( if you say, that it is a fail, then please, at least say why... :(

No, I'm not a Vista lover. I just hate, when people say: "oh, this is crap." "Its a failure, don't use it!" and so on. No argumentation :(

well lets see why vista sucks... hmmm maybe as one of reasons i can point problems with soft for it and problem with drivers compability for hardware:P or smth other, ok vista can handle with more than 4gb ram. BUT! that sh1t alone needs 2gb to work good :/ is this reasons for you?

well lets see why vista sucks... hmmm maybe as one of reasons i can point problems with soft for it and problem with drivers compability for hardware:P or smth other, ok vista can handle with more than 4gb ram. BUT! that sh1t alone needs 2gb to work good :/ is this reasons for you?

Finally, a good answer :) thank you.

* While I was using Vista, it took about ~800-900mb of ram, with everything that I need installed. I have 2 gigs. Also, i fount one nice thing. Vista adopts to your amount of ram. If you have less, it will take less. :)

Now I am using XP (for testing purposes). And it takes ~600mb of ram. The difference is ~300mb. Not so much, if you have 2 or 4GB of ram :)

* As I know, now all drivers go for xp and vista. All drivers that I need, I can find it for vista and xp. Event my old PC's (3-4 years old) hardware has drivers for vista. Conclusion: I think that driver problem were there only when vista has started. If I am wrong, please, correct me. :)

* Problems with soft... Hm... I dunno, everything works greatly for me... Sometimes you need to let the program run in administrator mode, that could fix the problem? I really dunno, because like I said, totally everything that I've tried on Vista worked great! :/

* Vista has DX10! If your GPU is new and can handle DX10, go for Vista. On XP its 9.0c. Whats new on dx10? You can read a small article: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1931918,00.asp

That's it for now =)

• 4 weeks later...
* While I was using Vista, it took about ~800-900mb of ram, with everything that I need installed. I have 2 gigs. Also, i fount one nice thing. Vista adopts to your amount of ram. If you have less, it will take less.

i have xp and it takes from my ram about 500-600 MB (i have 1GB) i tryed long ago vista and it takes like 1023.(9) MB xD and mc soft said that vista neds only 512 to run :P

* As I know, now all drivers go for xp and vista. All drivers that I need, I can find it for vista and xp

now i can agree (now vista is old;) )but about 6 moths erlier i had problems with drivers for mirage ;], but that problem still appear for some hardware (for example tv tuners- there are lots of complaining ppl about that stuff at vista)

* Problems with soft... Hm... I dunno, everything works greatly for me... Sometimes you need to let the program run in administrator mode, that could fix the problem? I really dunno, because like I said, totally everything that I've tried on Vista worked great!

try syndicate wars :> i can asure you that vista have problems with older soft even if running them as 95/98

* Vista has DX10! If your GPU is new and can handle DX10, go for Vista. On XP its 9.0c. Whats new on dx10? You can read a small article: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1931918,00.asp

i know i know ;] but dx is not most important thing

btw. im using ubuntu 8.10 and i can tell you that this is one of the best os ever made try it :]