[Complete Guide]How to play WoW in a private server

This is for guys who are bored of searching :P (and girls)

Well what do we need?

1)World Of Warcraft Game Client (2.0.0 client, but older will do)

2)The Burning Crusade Expansion (not necessary, but it is good for better experience)

3)Certaiin patches, will be provided below

Private Server?What's that?

Similar to those of Lineage2, private servers are free and have some advantages and disadvantages .Advantages : Nice community, almost complete, free

Desadvantages: Some lag, Bugs, Some quests do not work

Do they offer something more than official?

Yes! Many of them have custom vendors, custom stuff and some of them are easier

Now let's get to the point

1)We install World Of Warcraft (3-4 gb it depends)

2)We install The Burning Crusade (1.5 gb)

3)We put the patches (the ones we will download below) in C:\Program Files\World Of Warcraft directory and we apply them

4)We change the realmlist.wtf (I will explain)

5)We create an account

6)We launch WoW.exe

7)Have fun

Patches? Where do I find them? Why do I need to pay attention on them?

Patches are released by blizzard to add/delete/modify some game features and repair stuff

They are essential, as they may cause problems, or make us unavailable to play a server.

Patches Can be found here http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors The latest is 2.3.0

You must be carefull though. Some servers do not support all patches. Some may support patches up to 2.2.3, or 2.1.3, or 1.12 etc. So if you have older, or newer, you cannot play.

How do I find a server? How do I create an account? How can I know the patch the server supports?

To find a server, you must go here:

http://www.xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft

or

www.wowstatus.net

To find which patch it supports, read the comments below the screenshot (1) and the number near the name (2)

To create an account, consult their site

You said something about some realmlist.wtf ... What's that? Why should I change it?

Well realmlist is like hosts.bak for LineageII. With this, the client knows what server should it connect. That's why you must change it. If you don't , you'll only play official

ATTENTION!!!!!!

The clients of WoW may support different languages. The enGB for example supports UK english. If you have a client enGB and you want to connect to a server enUS (american), you may face some problems. Note : There are patches for each version, different ones, so you must check if they match your clients current version.

PS I forgot to mention sth, to edit realmlist .wtf, use notepad :P

*I hope I helped, if you happen to find any mistake, feel free to correct it *

NotaBastard...  8)

Gratz for this great guide.. !!! maybe and karma for you from mod... :P

Btw if u need these games ppl pm me prive !  ;)

Gratz again !  :D

it wuold be nice playing private server,but  private server sucks alot...i tried almost half private server and always lag-crash-lag-crash-downtime-downtime-crahs-rollback...

in my opinion:

if you really like this game play official,otherwise play other games :P

nice guide,really easy to understand compared to private server's ones

it wuold be nice playing private server,but  private server sucks alot...i tried almost half private server and always lag-crash-lag-crash-downtime-downtime-crahs-rollback...

in my opinion:

if you really like this game play official,otherwise play other games :P

nice guide,really easy to understand compared to private server's ones

You must always check server hardware, and the experience of the Main admin to be sure that a server is good ;)

I play WaMMo and I am 100% satisfied for example. (check the link under my avatar if you want )

And btw thx for the good comments