|How to|Upgrade your addons to the newest patch yourself

i wrote this guide for my Guild Mates in their forum.Its not a copy its my own Guide and it works without problems....So check this out

hmmm it seems that some addons dont have updates by their developpers and are very important for the players that use them.Example i use Necrosis 2 (Warlock addon) and when the patch 2.2 came i didnt know what to do i was mad i couldnt play....So i searched in the code....And now i'll show you how easy it is to repair,fix,update your addons yourselves!

Part 1 : Finding the Directory

That seems "stupid" cause all know that the addons must be in \World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons (there you put your addons)

Part 2 : Finding the Problem in the Files

Hmmm i was searching for hours in my addons files for this..And finally i found that the problem for the update after each patch is in a file with .toc in the end(thats the file type).Example in my Necrosis folder there is a file named necrosis.toc . Open this file("Open as..") with notepad and you will see description of the addon.

Part 3 : Fixing the Problem

The problem is in the first row that you can see "## Interface: 20100" (or 20200) interface is the updated interface of each patch and the patch is the number after.Example the number 20100 is for patch 2.1 .I noticed this and i changed it to 20200 that suppose to be patch 2.2 and so it was.

To finish with this if you have problem and your addons dont work after each patch try this and it will work!(for patch 2.3 it will be 20300...)

Guide by Agnostos

Where to find Addons O.o?

www.curse-gaming.com

Addons are no more illegal so dont Delete this post!

thnx for reading Phoenix(Agnostos WoW name)

lol .... there is a more easier way to update your addons xD ... in the select character screen down left there is a button (addons) click it, then go up in the window where is say "load out of date addons" and check the box... then all your out of date addons will be updated ... and you will be able to play that fast that simple with your old addons :P  :o ...

• 3 weeks later...