[L2J] DyingFate Faction

Flavio

Can you make a server and make it non-failed? Well... DO IT!

Do you think somebody will wait newbies in Goddard to respawn after beeing in WoA? LoL, Its your imagination dude. Or... You would do that so you remembered that? I wouldn't have nervs or even time to wait some newbie in Bgrade who wants to get max lvl. If you didnt tried server dont comment, cause you would see there isnt such a n00bs doing this (Waiting for others to get 1 PK >>)

PS There is a GateKeeper in some popular level places (e.g Dragon Valley)

dont care and i dont bother arguing...

dont care and i dont bother arguing...

Then you shouldn't post another offtopic.

IF a MoD see this please remove offtopic comments (Mine and Cyperex)

News

Assuming everything goes well over the next few days with internal testing, the faction server should be launched very soon (as in this weekend). So with that, I wanted to outline what people should expect.

When the server comes back up after being updated, everyone will be spawned in one location. This location will be locked and you will not be able to escape. This is where new players will begin. You will have to pick which faction to join. Upon talking to the NPC and choosing the faction, you will be wisked away to the faction base.

At the faction base you will find the GM shop, Npc Buffer and key npc's. The teleporter will be updated with who owns what area. At first, there will be no information as no castle or fort sieges have happened to the point anyone has either. Each side will have 1 primary farming area for new players, and mid rate one and a high rate one. Both will be open to both factions. The newbie ones will be restricted to that faction. There will be no olympiad or heros. The only way to become a hero is to be the clan leader that takes over a fort or castle. The clan leader may, in their infinite wisdom, give that honor to someone else.

Adena rates for killing players will be 10m per kill. Along with extra little items that will be necessary for gear in the GM shop (higher stuff). Those that have been playing with us since the get go will keep their items. THERE WILL BE NO WIPE. While this puts new players at a small disadvantage, you should of joined when we opened :p

You will still be able to explore the world however no where outside of your base is safe. Everything is either general area or combat zone.

Any questions please feel free to post.

So I was sitting here doing all this coding and thought, I have not even come up with the names for the factions XD

So, Lets start getting some name ideas out there folks! Just reply to this thread with your ideas and let people vote!

Post here or just reply here and i will post on our forums!

Choosing finished!

The server is in faction mode now!

Read first post and visit the website!

If a moderator see this please clean the topic and delete all posts except pwnz0rs. (Posts higher then this, those down - new - dont delete)

The server will be down for a reboot Wednesday at around 6AM PST for a quick reboot.

This reboot will include the following updates and changes

Geodata should be enabled - this completely depends on ram usage. If it's astronomical it will not be used. *note* it is enabled as of this edit.

New 60-70 hunting ground added

New 70-80 hunting ground added

Lost Nest reopened for groups able to handle mass spawns

(Last night) new npc - Merchant Stone - was released containing new buff options, and the shop feature.

Shop altered for lower pricing, Festival Adena now worth a lot more.

(Last Night) Caveners name color was changed to orange to be easier to see.

Thing's being looked into -

Having the dwarf crafter merchant npc spawn (that lasts for 3 minutes) be used as a First Aid station as it were (No, not healing etc). Allowing for fast reset of buffs (Fighter/Mage sets only) and selling of junk back to the merchant.

Spoilers being allowed to spoil players (Sweep would still be required).

These two ideas can be discussed in the Faction forums. Any OTHER ideas need to go into the features request area.

Enjoy 

Sunday's Updates -

These updates will hopefully deal with the buffer in the merchant stone being anal and working half the time, finish introducing the new farming areas including adding "area bosses" into each, and do more work on the faction code itself to hopefully remove the bug that stops you from getting the "you cannot attack your faction" error that freezes you or causes you from not being able to gain a fortress.

Also, on the faction server end of things, Lost Nest has been removed and replaced with our own custom 80+ group area. This area is really designed for groups (or people that can withstand 30+ raptors beating on you constantly), with the White dragon leader being the area boss. You can read mroe in the faction forums under Custom Areas.

• 1 month later...

ERROR IN REGISTRATION.. What server closed ? : Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@dyingfate.crazyamerica.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.dyingfate.info Port 80