[Share] DotA Terminology/Dictionary.

This is a DotA dictionary or terminology guide. Words will not be placed in alphabetic order and you'll excuse me for not doing it like that but i will first describe the terms and afterwards place them in alphabetic order once i have free time.

Items

Protectorate

AC - Assault Curiass

HoT - Heart of Terasque

BkB - Black King's Bar

Aegis - Aegis of the Immortal [the item you get from roshan ]

SG/Shiva - Shiva's Guard

BS - Bloodstone [it can be used for Bloodseeker but i will not in the end of the dictionary twinks]

LS/Sphere - Linken's Sphere

VG/Vang - Vanguard

BM/Mail - Blade Mail

SB/Booster - Soul Booster

HoD/Hood - Hood of Defiance

Arcane Sanctum

GSV/Guinso/Scythe - Guinsoo Scythe of Vyse

OM/Malevolence/Orchid - Orchid's Melovence

ESD/Scepter/Eul - Eul's scepter of dvinity

FS - Force Staff

Necron/BOS[book of summoning] - Necromonicon

AS/Scepter - Aghanim's Scepter [yes i know it means attack speed too but as i said in the end of the guide i'll note twinks]

Refresher / Ref / RO - Refresher Orb

Supportive Vestments

Mekanism - Menkasm [yes ppl mistake it and say mekanism sometimes]

VO/Vlad - Vladimir's Offering

AR / Arcane - Arcane Ring

NB/ Buckler - Nathrezim Buckler

RoB/Basilius - Ring of Basilius

Pipe/KPI - Khadar's Pipe of Insight

HoR - Headdress of Rejuvenation

Ancient Weaponry

DR/Divine - Divine Rapier

MkB - Monkey king Bar

Radi - Radiance

Bfly/Butter - The ButterFly

BDK/Burize - Burize de kyanon

CR/Basher - Cranium Basher

BF/Fury - Battlefury

MS/Manta - Manta Style

AoM/AM/Armlet - Armlet of Moridiggian

LE[very rarely used]/Lothar - Lothar's Edge

Enchanted Artifacts

SY/S/Y/S&Y - Sange and Yasha

EoS/Skadi - Eye of Skadi

HoM/Helm/Domi - Helm of the Dominator

SD/Desolator - Stygian Desolator

MoM/Mask - Mask of Madness

DB/Diffusal - Diffusal Blade

Gateway Relics

BoT/Travel - Boots of Travel

PB/Phase - Phase Boots

PT - Power Threads

HoM / Midas - Hand of Midas

OS/Oblivion - Oblivion Staff

Persv - Perseverance

Heroes

Now here i will not do  the same as items i will just put those names of heroes which are somehow shortened

Roof - Rooftrelen

DK - Dragon Knight

BS - BloodSeeker

KOTL - Keeper of the light

POTM/Mirana - Princess of the Moon

Magna - Mangataur

SK - Skeleton King

SK/Crix - Crixallis or Sand king both are used.

BM - Broodmother

PA - phantom assasin

PL - Phantom Lancer

NW/Weaver - Nerubian Weaver

NA - Nerbuian Assasin

DP - Death Prophet

TS - Tormented Soul

QoP - Qeen of Pain altho ppl call it Akasha mostly

Jugg - Obviously , Juggernaut

CW/Cent - Centaur Warchief

.... anything missed ? :)

Misc/Terminology

AS - Attack Speed

MS - Movespeed

HP - Health Points

Inv - Inventory

Jungling - Farming,grinding or also called killing the creeps which are placed in the woods

Exp - Experience "I'll go exp" "I'll go level"

Miss top/mid/down [name of hero] - Players usually say "miss" when a player is missing from their lane, for example im in top lane and i have as enemies tiny and potm so i say "miss potm top" if i know where he's going then i'll say :

care - You say to someone care when you think that the person will get ganged for example if you are sure potm is going mid you'll say "Mid care" or :

b - B means Back. Back is a demand and it's used to alert the players of your team used like "b mid" or when you push and your goal in your push or gang or raid is complteted you'll most likely say "team b"

ss - SS is another way to say miss.

Gang - Gang is a team action which is described like this. You and your team is gathered and you assault an enemy. To be more precise you and f.e a teammate backstab an enemy.

me b shop/ b shop / shop - ppl usually leave lanes so they can visit the shop to buy things so they not their teammates by saying "b shop" or only "shop"...

gg - gg means good game. People use it when you fight a duel 1v1 , after the duel ended they cheer the winner with GG. Also in the end of the game someone may say gg expressing his opinion on how the game went and to be more certain if someone says gg he just wants to say everything you or your team or someone else did was good. Good game mainly :).

ng - ng on the other hand means noob game mostly used when the battle becomes 1 sided .

feeder - a player most likely a newbie that doesn't controll his hero well and he lets the enemy kill him without any resistance , or going to enemy base without any serious reason

bd - bd means backdoor or to be more certain backdooring means when you're attacking a tower or any other enemy base without any creeps around you.. for example if you go solo a tower it will be called bd and it's not really allowede altho if you are in enemy base soloing a tower while there is even 1 ally creep in their base its allowed.

fb - first blood [first blood is the 1st kill registered in the dota map and as an award of doing a fb the one who did it gets a bonus of 250 gold]

Ok so much for our mini dictionary if you think something's missing tell me and i'll add it

Twinks : AS / MS / BS / SS [missed anything?] be sure to check what both of the twinks mean so you can be sure when someone use them what they reffer to.

Thanks for reading this guide, DreaM.

hp- hit points  i think :P

also some guys telling to me to make a bf i cant understand butterfly or batllefury xD

anyway thanks for info! :D

depends on the hero you play if you are a STR most likely battlefury if Agi fly ;].

• 4 months later...

*Destickied . Added link to this guide in this one - > http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=123044.msg854670#msg854670