Stop Making Fail Servers PLEASE!

Here's how it is... those who need to stop making fail servers will never read this thread.

And those players who continue to be retards and play on fail servers will never read this thread. So really, this thread is here purely for our bitching to each other about how much we have 15 year old greek kids making servers. :D

lol l2 deathwhisper is the best l2 interlude server guys so ...

Congratulations

Are you happy that you posted the worst reply ever to be made in a topic?

java is the main reason fail servers exist

The main reason is the wrong feedback that has been given all this years (5years l2 and still a big amount of bugs) , wrong people working on developing without the basic knownledge so they make shitty packs  and that developers focus on different chronicle and a few of them have custom ideas.

Congratulations

Are you happy that you posted the worst reply ever to be made in a topic?

owned ;p

The main reason is the wrong feedback that has been given all this years (5years l2 and still a big amount of bugs) , wrong people working on developing without the basic knownledge so they make shitty packs  and that developers focus on different chronicle and a few of them have custom ideas.

Well, the problem is how the devs of the main project handle things. They're too slow to adopt new ideas, new methods, etc. So people got frustrated and made forks. This slows down overall progress since now talent gets divided instead of focused into one singular project.

On top of that, you have a number of devs on the core project who no longer contribute at all. nBd, Aikimaniac, Kadar, julian, phoenixbird (lol, what does he do? runs the forums... haha, cause that's so hard), Sandro, and even GodKratos and kerberos have been MIA lately. Aiki has at least 2 people on the dp staff brought over directly from his server, and all three of them barely do anything at all (and really, I mean barely).

What's funny is if you confront them about it, they'll give you two different answers depending on when you ask. If you ask in the winter, they'll tell you that summer is when more devs will make progress and whatnot. If you ask in summer, they'll tell you that everyone is on vacation so progress will start after summer is over.

That's why the L2J project is so far behind. That and they sit on any contribution for ages before committing it. Even if it is a valid contribution.

On top of that, you have a number of devs on the core project who no longer contribute at all. nBd, Aikimaniac, Kadar, julian, phoenixbird (lol, what does he do? runs the forums... haha, cause that's so hard), Sandro, and even GodKratos and kerberos have been MIA lately. Aiki has at least 2 people on the dp staff brought over directly from his server, and all three of them barely do anything at all (and really, I mean barely).

What's funny is if you confront them about it, they'll give you two different answers depending on when you ask. If you ask in the winter, they'll tell you that summer is when more devs will make progress and whatnot. If you ask in summer, they'll tell you that everyone is on vacation so progress will start after summer is over.

That's why the L2J project is so far behind. That and they sit on any contribution for ages before committing it. Even if it is a valid contribution.

I don't know about names (i haven't surfed on l2j forums) but if the situation is like you say (which i believe it is) it isn't only their fault . "newbie developers" begin their practise with the wrong way they start learning how to make a server online and in the end they just downloaded a precon-pack and server is online.They call themselves devs , they open a online server lalalala it is nice it is nice i am admin lalalala they make a ucoz site and they have a server!But they don't know nothing about development. Well maybe i will get an anwser that if you don't know (development etc) make a server online (and on hopzone added) and test. But why to make the players to lose their time in a server that it doesn't have chances to live more than a month ? They should learn by making a home server just for them at least they won't make some people wasting their time.

so newbie guys start the wrong path but they may have talent <.<

Well if you don't like .tk/ucoz servers then dont join.it's simple.nobody forced you to know these server's existance.When i first joined this forum i didn't anything about development and i got some preconifg packs and i thought i was a god bcz i was admin.now after tested a lott of private servers i have to say the only good is www.lineage.ro . And if you dont want like these "shitty" l2j servers go play official.... if you have ballz own there.  :-*

erika own :P My nick there is UfaKeffay. if someone want join well clan pm me ;)

what?? erica?? the official server?? this official server is with the fail servers?? lol??

the true its , all servers will fail some day....

but some others have chances than others...

and all and i mean all pvp servers ( i play like 100 atm ) close for some reason , no population its basically the main

and no 1 its perfect , some have skills problems , other too hard farm or too easy and got bored , unbalanced donations system, and the most disgusting 1 CORRUPTION!

Just goes to show that you haven't played it on a proper server. Gracia Final is actually the most balanced Chronicle to date.

Yea the new skills balance the game right?

Yea the new skills balance the game right?

I'm going to say here what I've said a number of times on the L2J forums...

THIS GAME IS NOT DESIGNED FOR EVERYONE TO BE RUNNING AROUND IN END GAME ARMOR AND WEAPONS ENCHANTED TO +16 AND EVERYONE HAVING EVERY SINGLE SKILL AVAILABLE AT ONCE.

Yet, most servers love to hand out Dynasty, Icarus, and Vesper like it's just falling from the sky and give people every forgotten scroll skill as well.

BUT, despite that, the skills themselves are actually pretty balanced. The problem is that just about every server out there doesn't have proper reuse timers, powers, etc for them yet. So FOR THOSE SERVERS, they suck ass because they're still overpowered. Otherwise, Gracia Final brings a proper balance to the game that the other Gracia chronicles messed up.

Right now, there is only 1 skill I know of that is extremely overpowered, and that's steal divinity. But for any competent developer, it's easily taken care of (we have ours on a 60 second reuse, can only steal up to 3 buffs at max, and can't steal self buffs, and it steals random buffs so you never can be sure which you'll get).