[Guide][Updated]How to balance your server.

Well its a matter of fact ,that almost all servers are greatly unbalanced.. There are so much ways for a balance ,and i really don't know why you guys always edit skill time/power.. And ofc ,that just wont do it.There's so much ways to balance without editing skills ,but adding.What do i mean?You can create a custom passive skill for each class and add it in skill_trees table.Most of the servers are only dagger/archer ,so here's some different ways to balance all classes.. Not only nerf ,but power up some of them (like maestro etc.)

Dagger :

The custom skill for him should decrease in most ways.But not decreasing ALL ,but you can decrease only his damage by this

<mul order="0x30" stat="cAtk" val="0.83"/>

As far as i know ,l2j is bugged and every dagger's hit is critical... cAtk = Critical Attack power ,so it should do the trick.

Archer :

The custom skill must decrease only 1 stat and thats critical rate.In almost all servers its like 500 (50% = max) and they do loads of damage + shoot in a high range.

But what happens if not all arrows aren't critical? Balance ^^ So you must do something like

<mul order="0x30" stat="rCrit" val="0.70"/>

or decrease it even more (it should be not more than 350).That will do for the archers.. ;]

Titans :

Everyone knows that in a highrate ,untouched titan (skills,stats etc) he rly can't do a shit even if you know how to play.His damage is good ,but he can't get near you.. Well here's what you can do :

Since it has big HP ,you can make him more vurable to critical attacks like this

<mul order="0x30" stat="critVuln" val="1.20"/>

that makes him recieve 20% more damage.. And after this apply this too

<mul order="0x30" stat="runSpd" val="1.20"/>

- to boost up his speed a lil bit.

and make his frenzy and zealot reload 2x slower than its used to be.

REMEMBER! NEVER NERF TITANS PDEF!They have pretty low pdef with Rage already ,there is no need of decreasing it.

BTW ,a titan can never kill an archer and thats how supposed to be.. You gotta make special variables in java for class vs class only and requers some skills in java which I do not have.

Gladiators :

They are kinda shit ,but you can boost they'r critical rate.Thats all they need.. A triple sonic slash should do around 2k damage on a pvp server.. But if it crits it can do 5k or more :) Uise this :

<mul order="0x30" stat="rCrit" val="1.30"/>

NOTE!: If you boost this ,ppl aren't so dumb and they can use an gladi + bow.. But you can prevent that by restricting his usement of bow ,or just add something like

<using kind='Bow'/>

to decrease all possible stats with it.

Mages :

They are nukers ,they get alot and give alot.. but in pvp servers its not rly that way.The best thing you can do here is

since a pvp server has 50+ buff slots .. idea is to remove the resist buffs or nerf them ALOT!Ppl wont even know this ,if your server is IL.

Then you can start adding values to them.. Like if they get 3k and do 1,1k~ its normal.But if they get 10k and do 1k.. not normal.

You can increase they'r vurability to critical attacks by fighters this way:

<mul order="0x30" stat="critVuln" val="0.70"/>

- yes its increasing ,trust me ;]

or another method is to triple the mcirt power.. On retail its supposed to be 3x more than a normal mage attack ,so if you do it like 7x more and the mcrit rate is around 5% a mage can win not so hard ;)

D0rfs :D Da best class ever! :

Usually they are based on spoliing and getting items.. They CAN pvp actually ,but you have to boost they'r stun up.

They got alot of attack speed and HP and speed ,so the only thing is to boost they'r stun up.Damage is fine actually ,but you can boost it up too ,you already know some methods.Or for an Artistan.. You can boost his summon since in a pvp server summon dies in 2 crits max :D

Tyrants :

They are based on they'r HP and attack speed.Yes its true ,a tyrant CAN get alot more attack speed than a dagger class ;]

They also have 1 type of stun ,but it loads pretty quick ,so if you want (if it doesnt land so much) you can boost it up a bit ,it wont be so critical.

Tanks :

They aren't supposed to do big damange since they are a defensive class.They should do about 300 normal and a 800-900 crit hits.

They'r crit rate is like 260-280~ which is pretty lame ,but its tank ,they die hard.

Only thing you can do here is to boost they'r shackle and stun (ONLY IF NEEDED!).They are supposed to be good in high rates where u can get a +30 FB focus for an example.

Summoners:

Do NOT boost them!Boost the summons ONLY!You can't rly imagine what a summoner with +20 light and +30 weapon can do.He also has cubics ,which in pvp dont land a shit ,so i would say to increase them :)

They'r pets should do around 500-600 damage and around 1,5k crits fullbuffed ,but they die easy though.

Things you can do are : Increase pets pDef by your server needs.A pDef of 2k should be enough and a 10k hp.

His pAtk should be like 4000-5000 it matters from the server.

Dominators :

They are the best pvp class ever IMO ,but in high rates they are actually not much ,since every1 has 3k+ mdef and they'r debuffs have a pretty lame chance of success.. So here is how a dominator should do:

Dreaming spirit should land from the 3-4 try.Not more.

They'r debuffs need around 50% chance of success ,despair around 35% or a bit more.

They have pretty good pDef ,but weak drains ,so its balanced though.Also ,if you can do a java thing (i obviously can't) to delay the MP pots only for OL's it should be great.

Overall balance , potions balance and so on :

You can put QHP pots in shop which are restoring 1500 HP ,but with a 20 seconds delay.Its far better than a GHP ,but if you do them together its kinda q.q

So you can disable qhp's or leave both.QHP is giving 100 hp /1,5s so it wont be a big prob IMO.

You should add mp potions which restore like 300 MP per pot ,but add them a delay of 15 seconds to prevent some OP like kamaels,ol's,daggers and more classes that use alot of mp

CP pots : Leave them as they are ,just don't touch them ,but DO NOT add them in shop.

Well thats from me ,but remember!

In all servers its different due to the customs they have these days.You should make it for your own taste & gameplay :]

Who don't like it ,i wanna see his method of balancing.Thanks

Credits to me ..

P.S. i may have wrong spellings since i typed it pretty fast.. (5 mins:D)

you CANT have a server balanced!!!

the only server balanced is the official!!!

you CANT do it better than official...!

Gratz for your work. It is amazing! But to be honest, if you want a balanced server you must do a lot of things, it's a bit difficult at all.

Gratz for your work. It is amazing! But to be honest, if you want a balanced server you must do a lot of things, it's a bit difficult at all.

I agree.

I don't say that, because of I have a balanced server or w/e. I say that only because there aren't many servers wich are really balanced, because that needs work and time and most of the admins aren't willing to spend them.

you CANT have a server balanced!!!

the only server balanced is the official!!!

you CANT do it better than official...!

It's a matter of defenition and opinion. Everyone starting a server should seriously think a straight plan for this; what ways he wants to balance; like 'Do I want to make all classes have an approximate equal chance of winning from eachother', or rather a sort of 'c5 system' as I like to call it and also prefer (http://lineage2.com/c5_preview/ under the PVP header) or something different.

And as XxRxX said, there are more factors in this; like having a buffer yes or no, and with what buff times, but also things like Raids, Sieges.

Great guide mate, though I thought most people knew this; apperently I missthought ^^

so u and fakoykas have to make a lot of work :)

Seems like some ppl dont appreciate others work. If u dont like a topic just dont respond. Leeroy is doing his best, plus hes helping me too..and i rly appreciate it.

amazing guide and yes i can say unique ! but imo a balanced server is hard to make cuz some simple things :

1. the time and knowledge for that;

2. many admin "close their eyes" to some of this beacose always will be players unhappy about their char(the worst part is that the unhappy players can donate their money so...)

anyway unique guide

amazing guide and yes i can say unique ! but imo a balanced server is hard to make cuz some simple things :

1. the time and knowledge for that;

2. many admin "close their eyes" to some of this beacose always will be players unhappy about their char(the worst part is that the unhappy players can donate their money so...)

anyway unique guide

Well you don't need so much knowledge to watch pvp's and decrease / increase values.. Not so hard ,but you should never decrease pdef/patk/matk/mdef and so on.. Just make resists or so ;]

• 2 weeks later...