update guide needed

EGexploiter

Question

can anyone post how can i update my server if i have for example one server pack rev 50 compiled to the same pack but revision 60 this time ? ( i have the  versions compiled what i do then ? )

1 answer to this question

Well, it depends on the pack... And of course, if they have changed the tables structure between these revisions or even if you have added lots of customs...

Supposing table structure hasn't change:

What i do on my server (l2jfree ftw)

First of all, i keep all my customs in 1 folder, and i seperate them on SQL and files... I shut down the main server, rename the folder, and paste the new one. After i finish with the installation, i stop that server, i put all the customs, and i go to the old one. I backup all the tables i need (cspawn (//cspawn, other packs don't have it, these are all my custom spawns), accounts, all characters table, items..

Basicly

accounts
character_macroses
character_recipebook
character_shortcuts
character skills
character_quests
character_skill_save
characters
clan_data
clan_priv
Custom_Spawnlist
items
pets

And some more that i don't remember right now... After exporting all these, i stop this server, i go back to the new one, import all these files, and everything is fine (of course i configure it again etc).

If the tables syntax has changed, it's another story ^^ You have to use navicat to synchronize the tables etc.. (I found the guide i always keep these links in my favorites ^^: http://forum.l2jserver.com/thread.php?threadid=22236 )