[poll]L2j or L2OFF

If you could create a server what would you do it?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If you could create a server what would you do it?

• L2j
    • L2OFF

First of all: ALL THE L2J AND L2OFF HAVE A LOT OF BUGS!

-------

l2j pro:

-------

- very stable with a lot of work, less work when you know where to search for packets for optimizing

- a lot of ppl in the development in any team of it

- a lot of features that can make the game something that isnt LineageII anymore, but something new

- its good for low-rate and high-rate also

- when something is missing, its simple to implement it

- when something isnt working as it should, its simple to fix it

- with a good dev. team everything is possible

- l2j are much faster to follow the new chronicles

----------

l2j contra:

----------

- a lot of things working only on meanings

- everybody can have it and handle it with a very low knowledge (i mean n00b server of n00b kids)

- need a really fast and powerfull server to handle 1500+ ppl and/or if you want to have geodata too

- need a lot of work in the code to be a stable server and need a lot of cleaning in the code, also some fixes in the packets that are messed up

- security problems, that needs a lot of thinking about how to solve them

- a lot of ppl think that when he have a server with a lot of custom sh1ts, that is Lineage II. They fail on low rates or never ever played on a really close working low rate that try to serv the original feeling, nor official

-----------

L2OFF, pro:

-----------

- very stable, cuz of the coding procedure and structure

- very secure

- it can handle a lot of player without touching it

- when you implement something, it will work as you coded it

- the best choise for a stable low rate with high population without changing chronicle

- less bugs (but more missing features!)

--------------

L2OFF, contra:

--------------

- a hell lot of missing features

- minor bugs (i saw on every server that runs l2off the "snipe bug" for hawkeye's)

- slow develop

- you need more IT knowledge to set it up, start it and manage it (but its a good thing too, the n00bs dont choose it for sure)

- you need to pay to have the latest releases, wich is illegal, but have it isnt (i talk about only c++ based, not the stoled c4 one)

- it have only a small community to develop it (c++ isnt the most liked coding language)

- c++ is a hard language so bugfixes needs a high knowledge of it, like the new feature implementations too (thats why it have a slow development and a small community)

This "fight" between the L2J and L2OFF is like the "fight" between Windows and LINUX. Both are great, but LINUX needs more knowledge. But LINUX goes now on the way to touch the home users aswell, just watch some KDE or GNOME interface wich is beautiful and day by day easier to handle it. I hope that L2OFF will have a bigger community in the future and will follow much easier and faster the new chronicles to serve the players closest to the original game feeling as possible it just can.

haha the last 2 guys isnt read what i wrote :D

both (l2j and l2off too) have a lot of bugs ;) You just see that on l2off that it have much less, cuz of the missing features and see many bugs in l2j cuz of the too much implementation :D great huhh? :D

I prefer L2J..Is true have bugs,but don't can used bugs or programs in some server with good rank.

well i think l2j is better beckause you can learn bugs.hacks and spend your time ... xD

Try in www.l2deathwhisper.com same bugs if work!!!!