I want to be able to hold 500+ players in srv.

Kwlotoumpas

Question

Hello guys,i've opened a server from home.A private one.But i as i see i have 30 ppl online from the 2nd day which its kinda fail b/c if more will come lags will be huge.So i need suggestions and ideas about how to be able to hold 500+ ppl or 250 ppl.And except of hosting is there any other way to have srv up from home without lags and holding so many ppl?Every answer weill be very appreciated.Thanks :)

13 answers to this question

Well i'm talking about greek things :)

What if i setup 2 pcs for srv and 24 mbps connection?:O

Any ideas?

in greece? wanna open a serious server in greece? are u kidding me ? get some money and rent a dedicated one ... no way

forthet datacenter host in greece with celeron @1.6Ghz & 512MB RAM 300euro/month!

that was the best joke i've ever seen

forthet datacenter host in greece with celeron @1.6Ghz & 512MB RAM 300euro/month!

xaxaxaxa! the best joke i ever read!! With 512 ram you can't hold even your self :D

If you want a serious server buy a dedicated server to Germany because i have heard in USA they close the servers....

If you want to host a serious server with many players online you have to find a rootserver to rent. Don't worry about the money that you will have to pay, if you control your server you will have donations and you will be ok with your payments. Anyway, I suggest you not to host your server in Greece.

PS: Remember that Upload counts for a server and not Download. That means that if you have 24mbit download and 1mbit upload it is nothing for you.

If you want to host a serious server with many players online you have to find a rootserver to rent. Don't worry about the money that you will have to pay, if you control your server you will have donations and you will be ok with your payments. Anyway, I suggest you not to host your server in Greece.

PS: Remember that Upload counts for a server and not Download. That means that if you have 24mbit download and 1mbit upload it is nothing for you.

Since

Buy a new pc special for l2 server and you will dont have lag.

What does that pc must have?I mean requirements to hold 250 people without lags.Answer me please :)