[GUIDE]How to install Warcraft III TFT and update the patch

Morian

INSTALLING REIGN OF CHAOS

Installing Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

First, place the CD in your CD drive. Open My Computer (if you're using Windows), click on the icon of the CD, and install it.

Step 1

* Click "Install Warcraft III" when the Warcraft III Setup opens.

Follow the instructions given afterwards. Accept the Terms of Agreement, after reading it definitely,  and proceed to the next page.

ReignofChaos1.png

Step 2

* Enter your name and unique CD Key. I'll be entering an example name and my own CD Key as an example, but I covered it for privacy. I didn't cover the "example" name, of course. Click OK.

The CD Key can be only be legally found at the box of your Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.

ReignofChaos2.png

Step 3

* Enter the installation directory. It's best to leave it as it is. Click OK.

ReignofChaos3.png

Step 4

* Installation will now begin. It will take several seconds, so wait a while. After a few minutes, it should be done.

ReignofChaos4.png

Step 5

* After successfully installing, it will prompt you to place a desktop shortcut. Not necessary, because you'll be playing Frozen Throne, not this.

ReignofChaos5.png

INSTALLING FROZEN THRONE

Installing Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

You just installed Reign of Chaos. Take its CD out, place the TFT CD, and let's install The Frozen Throne.

Step 1

* Click "Install Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne" when the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Setup opens.

Again, accept the terms of Agreement, after reading it. This will lead you to the CD Key page.

FrozenThrone1.png

Step 2

* Enter your CD Key. Click OK.

The CD Key can be only be legally found at the box of your Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

FrozenThrone2.png

Step 3

* Wait for the installation to finish successfully. Grab a Pepsi now, and drink up.

FrozenThrone3.png

Step 4

* Now this time, you'd want to create a desktop shortcut. Click Yes.

FrozenThrone4.png

UPDATING THE PATCH

Updating The Patch

Let's now update our patch to the latest one.

Updating the patch is very necessary. To get the latest patch, go here

DownloadingaNewPatch.png

You need to the download the full patch because you're starting from the very beginning. The patch version can be seen at the bottom-right corner of the opening menu when you start the game.

WherethePatchis.png

Once you have downloaded your patch, it's time to install it.

Step 1

* Open the patch you downloaded. It will do it's job after. When it's done, click OK. Uncheck the box if you want.

Step1.png

Note: When the patch starts installing, the screen will turn black. Then it will install by itself. After it's done, the screen will go back to normal.

The good thing about patch 1.22a, is that you don't need a CD to play the game (it has actually been this way since 1.21b).

Congratulations! You now have the latest patch for Warcraft III TFT. It is 1.22a as of now.

I post this guide for newbies. 8)

Source Getdota.com