New monster doesn't play animations [High Five client]

Hello guys,

I was trying to add a new mob starting from an existing model in the game files. What I did is:

1- make a new .u file that contains the class of my mob (I called it LineageMonsterExtra.u). I compiled it with ucc and it's just the simple script

class mymob extends LineagePawn
  Config(User);

defaultproperties
{
    GroundMaxSpeed=180.00
    GroundMinSpeed=46.00
    bSpineRotation=True
	//ControllerClass=Class'LineageMonster.HerdMonster'
    DrawScale=2.50
    CollisionRadius=28.00
    CollisionHeight=100.0
}

(Should I care about the controllerclass herdmonster? I commented it out because it was giving me errors while compiling)

2- In the npcgrp.dat I simply copypasted an existent line of the mob I want to use the model of (I just want to increase his size for now), and edited the first 2 parameters: mob ID and the name of the package in which to look for the script (LineageMonsterExtra.mymob). Rest I left untouched.

3- I created the file LineageMonsterExtra.int where i copy-pasted the animation names of the existent mob (I changed the class name in the beginning ofc).

When I launch the game, the mob is loaded correctly (I see him with textures and 2.5x size) but it doesn't play any animation, except maybe 1 or 2 when i make him test some skills.
Did I miss any step?
Thanks for help!

EDIT:

Sorry guys was a stupid mistake (wrong encryption for the .int file).

You can close here!

Edited by ratchet

• ratchet changed the title to New monster doesn't play animations [High Five client]
5 minutes ago, 911reg said:

Can you show me what you put inside the .int file? also, is it a custom 3d model with custom animations? if so, send a pic of it in unrealed

The problem was that the L2 file editor was encrypting the .int file wrongly, for some reason. I used the encdec inside the Unreal Editor that you posted a while ago and it worked fine. 

Thanks for answer though, you can close here I think 🙂

• Like 1

• 911reg locked this topic