Help getting started with source

chrislate3

Question

Hi all. I would like someone to help me install the source to my datapack. I already have my source + datapack (Which is frozen rev 1132), i have eclipse + jdk + TortoiseSvn + Slik Subversion if i miss any program tell me please. can someone guide step by step on how to implement the source on eclipse and my database? if someone can take his time to help i would really appreacite it. Thanks!

Edited by chrislate3

4 answers to this question

Let me explain a few things for l2j:

Usually every l2j pack holds at least 2 repositories, one for server source and one for datapack (and its source files, if any). Some packs can have more than 2 (split login server from game server, split networking code from game server etc), it's just usually there's 2.

You have to checkout both of these repositories and then build them. Then you got the correct datapack for the correct source. This means if you got a random compiled frozen pack online and then you decide you need the source, you will most likely have a shittone of errors if you try to use the latest source with your compiled datapack.

-

That being said, if you still want to try there's literally over 10 guides by googling. 5 of them are here in maxcheaters. You don't even have to search for l2 source, just generally how to use svn/git and ant build.

11 hours ago, An4rchy said:

Let me explain a few things for l2j:

Usually every l2j pack holds at least 2 repositories, one for server source and one for datapack (and its source files, if any). Some packs can have more than 2 (split login server from game server, split networking code from game server etc), it's just usually there's 2.

You have to checkout both of these repositories and then build them. Then you got the correct datapack for the correct source. This means if you got a random compiled frozen pack online and then you decide you need the source, you will most likely have a shittone of errors if you try to use the latest source with your compiled datapack.

-

That being said, if you still want to try there's literally over 10 guides by googling. 5 of them are here in maxcheaters. You don't even have to search for l2 source, just generally how to use svn/git and ant build.

I already have a pre configured source with my datapack and it is all working and already builded but i want to modify for example the location u go when using the gatekeeper on the community board (alt+b menu) because it is pre configured for a random server and i want to ad my custom locations. so my question is where is this bbstele files for example. i cant find them on the datapack and how to modify it. like once i build the svn/git and ant how can i modify those added

Edited by chrislate3

7 hours ago, chrislate3 said:

I already have a pre configured source with my datapack and it is all working and already builded

Is it built by you? Or did you find it already built?