[L2OFF] Start up costs and etc.

Hey everyone,

I have a few questions about L2OFF server start up cost and some answers would be appreciated. :) 

So I have an idea to open a new x1 Hi5 project ( never worked with L2OFF before ), so my main question would be:

1. Start up cost for x1 retail (no p2w, no box) Hi5 server; Is 3000GBP would be enough to reach start? I'm planning to use AdvExt64 Hi5 files.

2. Which VDS supplier would you recommend? 

Thank you for your answers!

Edit: Have you ever notice that if you browse AdvExt64 forum, prices for Ru people are way cheaper? What's the reason behind this? For example let's take Hi5 extender: in ru section it says: Хроники: High Five
Версии экстендера: безлимитная, ограниченная (400 игроков), тестовая.
Стоимость: 30000р., 15000р., 4000р.

End eng section:

Chronicles: High Five
Versions of extender: unlimited, limited (400 players), test.
Price: 575$, 290$, 90$

So if you're russian you pay: 30,000 rub, which equals to 205,67 British Pound.

And if you're not russian you pay: 431,51 British Pound. Weird isn't? :)

Edited by blackreign

There is a thing called currency exchange rate over the years.

And lately another thing called  sanctions on Russia.

But yeah, they should probably apply a usd price on all their old products. The new ones have usd price only, as far as I can see.

Edited by Blitzkrieg

thing is they didnt change prices since 10+ years which is killing their product, if they would love it by atleast 50% as they should they could have way more customers, lineage 2 isnt the same game as it was 10+ years ago, l2 is nearly end, dying, and they keep prices like l2 would be in prime time, whats the point, can someone explain?

On 3/5/2022 at 4:54 PM, endART said:

thing is they didnt change prices since 10+ years which is killing their product, if they would love it by atleast 50% as they should they could have way more customers, lineage 2 isnt the same game as it was 10+ years ago, l2 is nearly end, dying, and they keep prices like l2 would be in prime time, whats the point, can someone explain?

people still pay for it cuz there's not any supported alternatives, they could lower price by 50% but why would they, you say it would get them more customers but i doubt it would, there's 2 types of customers in l2, the guys who want the world for 200 euro, and the serious guys who will actually pay what work is worth, 50% lower price is not gonna get those 200 euro guys to pay for advext and will just lose them 50% of their income.

advext has always been overpriced but if you don't want to put the work in yourself then you have to pay for someone else's work and that's always gonna cost good $$$, despite l2 being nearly end, dying, etc etc, you can still make 10k$ per server doing plug and play bullshit like everyone does these days, so the serious guys will always pay

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 6:54 PM, endART said:

I can explain, we did changes in price since 10+ years, they increased. As Anarchy noticed, seems like AdvExt remains the only one public team on the market(at least for sure in L2OFF), because we built the business model which gave us resources to be active for all this years. I guess that all understand what is a real market value for senior developers?

Also @Anarchyis right, that serious customers are ready to pay for the project quality, which help them to earn a lot of money. And not 10k USD, much more. The idea that l2 is dead - is a myth, I heard it thousand times since 2008. and it's still not. Amount of players are not so big like in the 2006-2008, that's true, but the community are stable and with medium age 25-35 years, who are ready to pay for their hobby. The most important thing, why many old members from l2 admin community thinks that l2 is dead - because market changed, and they didn't got into it, right now is not enough to invest 1k EUR, to install a plug and play server and that's enough, and now is almost impossible to work under server alone, because too many things need to be managed - technical questions, game design, monetization system, advertising, community management, clan relations, media marketing, direct advertising, analytics, in case of that, in last 5 years VIP contracts with our old and successful clients gives a majority of our income, much more then 1 time sales, and we are interested not to earn some money from a random sell, but to provide a quality product and service to increase chances in success for our customers, and to build a long-term relations.

• 10 months later...

@Xeonc Master. Hi! Have you or you team considered to work in an new extender to the Essence/Classic 3.0 leaked files (These)?

Edited by gugatheslayer