Free or cheap hosting for server

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2021 at 7:34 PM, girogius said:

Hi friends, Im looking for host to put my server live for testing purposes for short time, I dont have money for expensive dedicated server,

is there free or almost free(cheap) hosting for l2 server?

cloud.google.com (start free) 300$ 

You can take a dedicated server with good power for free.

- $300 is given for 90 days.

21 minutes ago, splicho said:

The only thing that sucks with that is that you need a valid credit card. Not everyone has one.

I would like your problems. 

In fact, someone will take advantage of it.

Just now, splicho said:

Wtf are you even talking about

I would like your problems.
- Someone does not have a bank card, and someone lives on the territory of Ukraine and every day listens to how artillery strikes his city.

In fact, someone will take advantage of it.
- This message is addressed to my post above from google cloud.

15 minutes ago, splicho said:

Rofl.

My statement was just about people may have a problem using the service because of no credit card.

They may or may not be. The question is how much want to get VDS. 

Edited by Psygrammator

On 6/11/2022 at 1:27 PM, splicho said:

The only thing that sucks with that is that you need a valid credit card. Not everyone has one.

I’ve used my debit cards with no issues.

Be carefull with cloud services. Although they give you 300 free credit to use and open instaces databases etc  they charge you around 4- 6 dollars for cloud service panel(using their network even for developer purposes). Credit/debit is a must with 1 dollar validation (i am not sure if they give it back).  also dont forget after you are done to delete everything because if you forgot an instance running good luck paying 100 euro for a vps. 

Edited by Seamless

• 1 year later...

When I was in a similar situation, I found that using a VPS was a great option for affordable hosting. It's not completely free, but it's usually much cheaper than dedicated servers and provides enough resources for testing purposes. I personally used eWebGuru (https://www.ewebguru.com/dedicated-server-hosting.html) for my VPS needs, and they offered reliable service at a reasonable price. Another alternative to consider is cloud hosting, like AWS or Google Cloud, which often have free tiers or credits for new users. This can be a cost-effective way to host your server for testing without spending a lot of money.

Edited by LeslyTapia