How many NPC spawns normally should be on the server?

EligiusSantori

Question

Hi guys. I ran Storm's based C4x64 server the first time and everything looks fine except lack of NPC spawns.

I played on some private C3 server many years ago and as I remember NPC were twice or three times denser.

The //npccount command gives 34.7K spawns, but when I summed all npc_begin.total and npc_ex_begin.total from npspos.txt I got number about 50.6K.

Also when I start L2NPC.exe it doesn't create window but after 5-10 minutes NPCs show up in the game.

I also seen a few "failed to increase total npc because of npc quota" errors.

1. Do someone know valid count of NPC spawns?

2. Is it depends on server RAM amount (I set 8Gb on VM) or count of online players?

3. Is there config variables that affect this?

4. Do someone have really good npspos.txt script or improved version of L2NPC?

P.S.: NPC spawn info & NPC distribution from L2Server console:

907554823_VirtualBox_Lineage2_02_04_2020_00_51_19(gaming).thumb.png.7696576e92b7ae1d83f6611c801a02d0.png

Edited by EligiusSantori

2 answers to this question

The question is not actual anymore. I found npcpos.txt nearly equal to that server.
Normal count of spawns on:

• C3: ~30200 (sweet community-driven spawnlist with almost no barren fields but nearly half of raid-bosses missed :laughing:).
  • C4: ~34700 (poor NCSoft spawnlist).
  • GF: ~41800 (slightly improved NCSoft spawnlist).

Rightclick L2NPC in task bar and force maximize, will show up, old bug in C4, 34.7k does not seem all that low for C4, though it has been a long time since i worked on C4. you have to remember that alot of spawns in npcpos are handled via makers, and spawned at different times of day, or for events, or other various things.

• Like 1