Acis.

dramaa93

so first of all i am asking those things bcs of i check configurations and did not find anything, i change frozen with acis so now i need a little help and dont blame me for asking something i dont know unlike you :)

1) can i make custom starting spawn location (all newbies spawn at same location does not matter race).

2) how can i change npc instance , i cant find "edit npc" when i am pressing shift + click

3) and how to give noble status to all newbies, at frozen it has its own script but there is not, so how to make noble everyone?

4) how to increase buffs time, its dont have alternativebuffstime .

5) can i use frozen enchant script for acis? or its wont work?

Edited by dramaa93

Hi  

I've started with code 2 days ago and I'm curious about your first request 

1) can i make custom starting spawn location (all newbies spawn at same location does not matter race).

In Eclipse I searched the welcome message  and I discovered  EnterWorld.java

I put this code at line n°309

"activeChar.teleToLocation(TeleportType.TOWN);"

When I log in the game it tp me in town :D This is just a DIRTY example.

the method teleToLocation accepts x,y,z parameters. You can check the signature.

1 - Each race got already its own starting locations nodes, simply check the related classes XML.

2 - There is no use of that, simply edit related XMLs.

3/4/5 - Add whatever related custom, either copying from another pack or a share topic.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

1 - Each race got already its own starting locations nodes, simply check the related classes XML.

2 - There is no use of that, simply edit related XMLs.

3/4/5 - Add whatever related custom, either copying from another pack or a share topic.

I found TownZone.xml

I replaced dark elf village coordinate with the coordinate of the talking island

The dark elf is spawned at the talking island ! :happyforever:

Why some data are in DB and other in XML format ?

Edited by Sinistroyer

The idea behind XML/SQL split is XML hold "static, non-editable" data (properties of an object,...) while SQL store "dynamic" data (timers, character data,...).

Basically said, XML is loaded once and its content is never edited somewhere while SQL tables are often edited based on server/player event.

XML is far easier to "human-read" notably when informations are crossed. Best exemple is you needed something like 6-7 different SQL tables to store all NPC properties (ai, skills, drops, minions, teachTo, general stats,...), while XML offers a single "id card" per npcId, making it easier to read.

And revert what you did to TownZone, you fucked up all SoE, escape skills, etc. It's classes xml folder you need to edit for starting zones.

Edited by Tryskell

2 hours ago, Tryskell said:

The idea behind XML/SQL split is XML hold "static, non-editable" data (properties of an object,...) while SQL store "dynamic" data (timers, character data,...).

Basically said, XML is loaded once and its content is never edited somewhere while SQL tables are often edited based on server/player event.

XML is far easier to "human-read" notably when informations are crossed. Best exemple is you needed something like 6-7 different SQL tables to store all NPC properties (ai, skills, drops, minions, teachTo, general stats,...), while XML offers a single "id card" per npcId, making it easier to read.

And revert what you did to TownZone, you fucked up all SoE, escape skills, etc. It's classes xml folder you need to edit for starting zones.

I tried to change the coordinate of spawn of dark_fighter.xml and it works !

Tnanks for the XML vs SQL explanation

Edited by Sinistroyer