[Question]Best video card ATI or Nvidia ?

TheRipper

Few days ago my video card crushed :(

In this topic i want to know your opinion about which is the best video card according to quality-price :) because i dont know what video card to buy...ATI or Nvidia ?

yeah right :P Nvidia xD

as for me its NO vidia xD

go to tomshardware and read about graphic card tests :]

cheaper and better is ATI, even if you look at how much energy it needs ATI have better results...

long time ago i used nvidia but friend told me to take the risk and buy ATI card i bought ATI x800 XT and after 4 years untill now i didnt think about change of gf card :P And one more thing ATI have better support with drivers for they producs :] (in example there is no gf drivers for few nvidia cards in notebooks, and if you are looking drivers for laptop on linux for nvidia... it will be rly hard time xD)

Anyway dont buy card that someone told you that is good :P read some test results on desined for that portals, check how much money you can spent on it and after reading and comparing go to shop taking your own decision :]

depends on the applications you want to use and depends on the vga driver.

Ati vga driver is too bad.

Nvidia vga driver is very good if you find a good version of it.

Look at for example the games you want to use for example if you see the Nvidia logo in the game it's optimized to nvidia cards and it's faster with it so...take a look at the applications you want to use.

ATI sucks... changed 2 times and both i get: VPU recovery error...  tried new catalist and still sh**. so i bought nvidia 9500GT 1 gb and its perfect!!!   

nvidia powns :)

ATI sucks... changed 2 times and both i get: VPU recovery error...   tried new catalist and still sh**. so i bought nvidia 9500GT 1 gb and its perfect!!!   

nvidia powns :)

Good, but...what about the price? :-? I'm looking for something cheap and good in the same time