encode questname-e.dat

wongerlt

Question

Hello,

i try to create simple quest on questname-e.dat

tag_?	quest_id	quest_prog	main_name	prog_name	description	cnt1	items	cnt2	num_items	quest_x	quest_y	quest_z	lvl_min	lvl_max	quest_type	entity_name	get_item_in_quest	UNK_1	UNK_2	contact_npc_id	contact_npc_x	contact_npc_y	contact_npc_z	restricions	short_description	cnt3	req_class	cnt4	req_item	clan_pet_quest	req_quest_complete	UNK_3	area_id
1	300	1	Secret Room	Hunt Giants	To make a special Secret Room Scroll you need hunt Giants.\n	0		0		10553.000000	78428.000000	-3840.000000	1	80	3	Rath	0	1	1	30126	9566.000000	78373.000000	-3808.000000	No Requirements	To make a special Secret Room Scroll you need hunt Giants.	0		0		0	0	0	30

and i want add quest items, i think is here

cnt1	items	cnt2	num_items

items and num_items

and is here:

hunt Giants.\n	0	x	0	y	10553.000000

x and y , but when i try encrypt i got error, im using L2FileEdit.

example: x=57 y=10

Tryed and with cmd l2encdec encrypt complete but get critical error in game.

How to add items on quest that quest need to collect.

thanks

3 answers to this question

Most likely you have the amount of item/item id at a wrong place.

What you mention as x: defines the number of items. And the following numbers or empty spaces where you should put the item ids.

Example: if you had two quest items or quest items required for that part of the quest it should look like this:

"...fisherman with a skill level of 23 - 25.\\n\0    2    7080    6482            where 2 is the number of Q items,  7080    6482 are the item IDs.

after that you have to define the number of items again which is followed by the amount of those items:   

fisherman with a skill level of 23 - 25.\\n\0	2	7080	6482													2	1	1		

At least thats how it works in kamael+  questname-e.dat, but i doubt there's a big difference in earlier chronicles.

Also, I'd suggest to use excel or at the very least notepad++ so you are less likely to make mistakes.

Edited by Horse

4 hours ago, Horse said:

Most likely you have the amount of item/item id at a wrong place.

What you mention as x: defines the number of items. And the following numbers or empty spaces where you should put the item ids.

Example: if you had two quest items or quest items required for that part of the quest it should look like this:

"...fisherman with a skill level of 23 - 25.\\n\0    2    7080    6482            where 2 is the number of Q items,  7080    6482 are the item IDs.

after that you have to define the number of items again which is followed by the amount of those items:   

fisherman with a skill level of 23 - 25.\\n\0	2	7080	6482													2	1	1		

At least thats how it works in kamael+  questname-e.dat, but i doubt there's a big difference in earlier chronicles.

Also, I'd suggest to use excel or at the very least notepad++ so you are less likely to make mistakes.

thanks you i fixed it must look like:

hunt Giants.\n	1	57	1	10	10553.000000

need collect 10 adenas.

And idea with excel is best ,you help me very much :D