Broken Reputation System - simple fix

∽Ave∽

Hello

Well, since Reputation System on this forum is broken and - supposedly - it was going to be disabled after latest update,, I have a simply suggestion:
- since Reputation System should award active / sharing community members then:

1. Only Author inside his own topics can RECIVE Reputation Points (at first post only) - for his share.
2. Only Author of the topic can GIVE Reputation Point to ONE USER inside his topic - in case someone solve his problem or gave him a good advice.

NO OTHER OPTIONS TO GIVE OR RECIVE Reputation Points.

No more random +/- Reputation Points from random posts.

On 4.03.2017 at 11:29 AM, Maxtor said:

I don't think it's good solution, but i think limiting reputation points that user can give per day and also make it only for few sections since i see alot of rep points in Spam Topics which is really reduce the value of of it, and it's not important for anyone now +100 points == -100 points , currently reputation represent nothing.

Also i suggest having a Section for suggestions....

Edited by SamDev-Coder

Well, tbh before the upgrade to ips aVVe (or someone else, don't really remember atm) made a topic about the negative reps and because the reputation system was about to change we did no action to fix them. Now the old reps still exists, i guess a clean up on those spam reps would be a nice idea. On the other hand, giving tons of negative reputations because of a "fight" between members won't really give us the whole picture about how many reputation points someone should have or not.

It's not about fights, it's about false feedback - why ppl should give themself +1 rep in Spam Section? Random posts with idiotic meaning. Reputation System should be an award for ACTIVE members of the community, not random trolls posting stupid links.
If "Feedback System" is good for users who sells theirs works then "Reputation System" should be available ONLY for Authors - who shares stuff, and NOT for trolls who gives each other +1 becuase they shit on other ppl posts. Do You know what I mean?

If Maxtor want to keep this Rep System and the numbers of +'s should mean something, then he need to give this system a proper fix. If "Feedback System" is for sellers, then "Reputation System" is for active members - so as I've saide, it should be BASED on Authors and theirs topics. Autor can recive Rep Points (but only at first post on the topic), and only Authors can give Rep Point (one per topic) to "thank" someone for help. PERIOD.

4 hours ago, aVVe said:

It's not about fights, it's about false feedback - why ppl should give themself +1 rep in Spam Section? Random posts with idiotic meaning. Reputation System should be an award for ACTIVE members of the community, not random trolls posting stupid links.
If "Feedback System" is good for users who sells theirs works then "Reputation System" should be available ONLY for Authors - who shares stuff, and NOT for trolls who gives each other +1 becuase they shit on other ppl posts. Do You know what I mean?

I totally get and agree with what you said.

4 hours ago, aVVe said:

If Maxtor want to keep this Rep System and the numbers of +'s should mean something, then he need to give this system a proper fix. If "Feedback System" is for sellers, then "Reputation System" is for active members - so as I've saide, it should be BASED on Authors and theirs topics. Autor can recive Rep Points (but only at first post on the topic), and only Authors can give Rep Point (one per topic) to "thank" someone for help. PERIOD.

Unfortunately there is no option of doing something like that. I mean we can make it so people can rep + or - to topic authors and only that but there is no option of allowing rep to authors and only to one reply (for posts like a solution that helped someone) and Maxtor increased the maximum amount of reputations users can give in order to reward active people, he even gave normal members that option something that didn't exist on the previous versions not even on SMF with the Karma system. The fact that people abuse this, it's member's option to abuse this system but what we can do? "Punish" everyone by removing the reputation system because 2 or 3 users abuse the reputation system?

My opinion is to warn users abusing the reputation system and immediately remove every single rep this user gave and received no matter if it's negative or positive. 

Reactions should NOT influence the reputation system and true, ONLY the author of the topic should get reputation. Possibility to give karma/rep to any post, it's a crap. Else allow it for certain sections, like helping topics - sure thing, someone give a solution and boom, you can 'reward' him with reputation. That's legit.

3 hours ago, Designatix said:

Unfortunately there is no option of doing something like that. I mean we can make it so people can rep + or - to topic authors and only that but there is no option of allowing rep to authors and only to one reply (for posts like a solution that helped someone) and Maxtor increased the maximum amount of reputations users can give in order to reward active people, he even gave normal members that option something that didn't exist on the previous versions not even on SMF with the Karma system. The fact that people abuse this, it's member's option to abuse this system but what we can do? "Punish" everyone by removing the reputation system because 2 or 3 users abuse the reputation system?

My opinion is to warn users abusing the reputation system and immediately remove every single rep this user gave and received no matter if it's negative or positive. 

Doesnt it work on L2JBrasil ? I know I saw it on one forum - some kind of restriction that only author can give +1 (or a beer :D) to other user for help, but on the other hand, only autr can recive rep point for sharing and such.

I guess SweeTs have a good point too - there is no need for random "thank You". I guess the rep system can work standalone for only authors - ppl who create and share stuff and only at first post of the topic.

Edited by aVVe

• 2 weeks later...