Game time [Day-Night] Ticks

Kara

Questions:

1. Does 4 hours in real life equals in 1 Day in Lineage 2? 

2. Do game broadcast SunRise and SunSet upon night and day? 

3. L2J set to broadcast sunset every 10 minute (using sleep thread), is that ok? Or should be done instant with a threadpool Ex. 21:00 Broadcast night until 6:00 morning e.t.c ?

On 1/12/2017 at 5:10 PM, GamePsychology said:

Questions:

1. Does 4 hours in real life equals in 1 Day in Lineage 2? 

2. Do game broadcast SunRise and SunSet upon night and day? 

3. L2J set to broadcast sunset every 10 minute (using sleep thread), is that ok? Or should be done instant with a threadpool Ex. 21:00 Broadcast night until 6:00 morning e.t.c ?

1) yes

2) I think yes,but they last short

3) I think should be done instantly

38 minutes ago, HarryHoudini said:

1) yes

2) I think yes,but they last short

3) I think should be done instantly

Have u played official? What u mean short? Ex. If is night upon  login night packet is sended to player? Have u seen that on Official?

3 minutes ago, GamePsychology said:

Have u played official? What u mean short? Ex. If is night upon  login night packet is sended to player? Have u seen that on Official?

Nope. Just asked it from someone else who did though. By short i mean the duration of. As for example,it depends on server's time settings. I think yes, if server configured time is fitted real one, if not it would show day/night depends on what time it is in game.

36 minutes ago, HarryHoudini said:

Nope. Just asked it from someone else who did though. By short i mean the duration of. As for example,it depends on server's time settings. I think yes, if server configured time is fitted real one, if not it would show day/night depends on what time it is in game.

Ok thanks a lot, ill send you a cookie for your time, give me ur mail to mail it! 

3 minutes ago, GamePsychology said:

Ok thanks a lot, ill send you a cookie for your time, give me ur mail to mail it! 

Np mate. 

Hahaha okay, i'll wait for it. Please and some piece of chocolate on it. 

Hi, in l2off (at least in leaked Gracia Final) it works this way:

1. there's class CL2Time that manages this, game time runs 6 times faster than real time so each game day is 3 hours long and night 1 hour long
  2. it runs a timer each 10 seconds and checks whether day or night started, day starts at 6:00 game time, night starts at 0:00 game time
  3. when that 10 second timer expires and night changes to day or vice versa, server broadcasts SunRise packet (0x12) or SunSet packet (0x13)
  4. these packets are sent to player upon login as well
Edited by eressea

9 hours ago, eressea said:

Hi, in l2off (at least in leaked Gracia Final) it works this way:

1. there's class CL2Time that manages this, game time runs 6 times faster than real time so each game day is 3 hours long and night 1 hour long
  2. it runs a timer each 10 seconds and checks whether day or night started, day starts at 6:00 game time, night starts at 0:00 game time
  3. when that 10 second timer expires and night changes to day or vice versa, server broadcasts SunRise packet (0x12) or SunSet packet (0x13)
  4. these packets are sent to player upon login as well

ok thanks, very informative.

So the 4 hours is perfectly. And i also added the broadcast upon login if is night only cause i believe broadcast SunRise when is day is not good since the default weather is day and the sunrise looks redish. So ill just broadcast sunrise upon day change only and new login players will just see blue sky.

The other question is whats the best option to broadcast the dark elf skill upon change. Currently i simply did a for and just re-add the skill to those who have it to get the new effect. I havent try if getEffects work. Any other proper way?

It's quite easy actually, p_hit_a_night pump is protected by a pump conditions which checks on server if it's night or not, and revalidated every stats recalculations.

11 minutes ago, GamePsychology said:

ok thanks, very informative.

So the 4 hours is perfectly. And i also added the broadcast upon login if is night only cause i believe broadcast SunRise when is day is not good since the default weather is day and the sunrise looks redish. So ill just broadcast sunrise upon day change only and new login players will just see blue sky.

The other question is whats the best option to broadcast the dark elf skill upon change. Currently i simply did a for and just re-add the skill to those who have it to get the new effect. I havent try if getEffects work. Any other proper way?

Sorry, I wrote it wrong, time info is sent on login (not sunset/sunrise), it's part of CharSelected packet

3 hours ago, Sdw said:

It's quite easy actually, p_hit_a_night pump is protected by a pump conditions which checks on server if it's night or not, and revalidated every stats recalculations.

Well yes u can do this or do the shit-way as aCis did to re-add :D