Best company with DDOS protection?

Vegas

Question

11 answers to this question

this topic might turn into cancer REAL fast if all the pros who 100% know everything about networking ever come and raid it

simple answer is host your server wherever has the server which best fits your needs and don't worry about ddos protection there, then put proxies in ddos protected hosts (google it there's plenty i don't personally have any recommendations for you on that) most ddos protected hosts have shit servers or are extremely expensive, you only need a basic vps to host a proxy

never ever EVER reveal your real server IP, and also put your website through cloudflare and your site will be set (it's free and better than any paid service, period.)

I recommend OVH.  Only if purchase the"Game server" systems.

• Pros: $179 decent system, I personally consider this cheap - given DDoS protection included.
  • OVH api allow for fine tuning parameters and such.  Also firewall you may configure on your own.

I will go ahead and tell you now.... for high bandwidth attacks, hardware is required.  While Softlayer is the best in regards to customization of unique infrastructure to suit your needs, they offer no mitigation of attacks.  OVH is reasonable balance of decent hardware and excellent DDoS protection.

Website, yes... use cloudflare, but use it correctly.  Example, do not make links in website code that show your real IP address.

Edited by Fyyre
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fyyre said:

I recommend OVH.  Only if purchase the"Game server" systems.

• Pros: $179 decent system, I personally consider this cheap - given DDoS protection included.
  • OVH api allow for fine tuning parameters and such.  Also firewall you may configure on your own.

I will go ahead and tell you now.... for high bandwidth attacks, hardware is required.  While Softlayer is the best in regards to customization of unique infrastructure to suit your needs, they offer no mitigation of attacks.  OVH is reasonable balance of decent hardware and excellent DDoS protection.

Website, yes... use cloudflare, but use it correctly.  Example, do not make links in website code that show your real IP address.

If you need one server and literally no support (nothing against French and/or Arabs but average Ahmed really doesn't know much of technical jargon and sometimes it takes few days until your ticket about server disconnected from network by faulty switch gets resolved), OVH is good choice. If you need something better/bigger, use some more professional service.

EDIT: If you need servers in Europe, you may want to try master.cz (I'm not affiliated in any way with them, just good prices and everything works + they use RadWare which is enough for primary server - you may combine it with proxies and/or cloudflare/similar service ofc)

Edited by eressea

2 hours ago, Natzugen said:

Hyperfilter.

No.

Hyperfilter are overpriced ovh tunnels, just do it yourself for 1/4 the cost, and NEVER EVER use their web hosting unless you need mssql connectivity from linux and aren't capable of setting that up yourself, cloudflare is free and basically unddosable as long as you configure your shit

54 minutes ago, Natzugen said:

Using about 4 month Hyperfilter. Everything is nice. Stability , Uptime, Protection. I like it.

I'm gkad for you, but you're overpaying for services available from the company they are ddos protected by for 1/4 of the price, and their web hosting is completely unnecessary unless as I mentioned you need mssql connectivity from linux and don't have the capability to set that up yourself because there's a free service available (cloudflare) which can handle 10000x the attack that they can and then you just buy whatever $20/year web host pack that supports your requirements. Hyperfilter is just a reseller of someone else's ddos protection, don't be fooled by their marketing saying they have "ddos engineers", they don't, their datacenter does.

Their markup is huge, I applaud them for finding datacenters with great ddos protection and then excellently marketing their resale of that. It takes a lot of trial and error, emphasis on the error, to find suitable datacenters that especially can handle the larger attacks and for that sure they deserve some markup, I just happen to think it's excessive.

All of that aside, their webhosting always has been and always will be unnecessary for the vast majority of people, bordering on a scam. You can get better ddos protection than they provide FOR FREE so unless you need mssql from linux and don't have the capability to do that yourself (dblib pdo - google it, it's easy) you should never use hyperfilter for web hosting as it is not, and will never be, better than cloudflare.

On 9/18/2017 at 5:10 PM, eressea said:

If you need one server and literally no support (nothing against French and/or Arabs but average Ahmed really doesn't know much of technical jargon and sometimes it takes few days until your ticket about server disconnected from network by faulty switch gets resolved), OVH is good choice. If you need something better/bigger, use some more professional service.

Sounds like someone had a bad experience with OVH.

I will agree with two points you made: yes - support not the best.  Game Server package, good for only one system.

Then again, if want true pro and have money for it - use Softlayer.

Softlayer null-routes your server upon heavy attacks although I do agree that they provide the best quality and service.

CloudFlare is good - I use it myself but you need to configure it properly as well as get their 200$ plan for the protection you need.

OVH is good if you have a selective audience (Europe only). It doesn't work for us since we have Europeans and South-Americans. I was not satisfied with the latency results South-America was getting.

Like Fyyre mentioned, ensure nothing exposes your IP.

On 9/24/2017 at 12:50 PM, Trance said:

What surprised me is, Hetzner is providing DDoS protection as well now.

Have anybody heard something about it?

No, I not hear of this.  Hetzner love null route... is all I know

On 9/25/2017 at 3:16 PM, Fyyre said:

No, I not hear of this.  Hetzner love null route... is all I know

Most of game servers were hosted at Hetzner back in the days when there were no DDoS attacks like nowadays.