[Guide] How to import custom items on your server (For newbies)

Mask

Because someone asked me it i made this guide to help people who dont know how to import custom items into your server.

[move]

-:- The Guide -:-[/move]

1. First you should know what type of client is the share for for example Interlude/Kamael/Hellbound/Gracia

2. Ok you have downloaded it and you dont know how to put it in your server?

3. The downloaded file should contains server files/client files and sql.

4. First go to file edit and open the armorgrp for armors and weapongrp for weapons depends on what you want to import [weapongrp and armorgrp are dat files which are located in your system folder] . ( P.S Your system must be patched with l2 encdec.)

5. Ok now find the weapongrp.txt of the file you want to import and open it with notepad. Normaly is in client files/system

6. Press ctrl+a to select them all and turn to the file edit and paste the text in the last line of the file edit. (If there isnt 1 space at the end when you paste the text then press 1 time the enter or else you will get an error if it has a space then leave it and save it to desktop. After you saved it successful, cut and paste it into C:/Program Files/Lineage II/system and replace it with the other one.

7. If there are any folder with name systextures or animation in the share then copy/paste and replace them in to C:\Program Files\Lineage II

8. Ok now time for sql file. Open the Navicat and open the database l2jdb or whatever name the database of your server has. (Open it ,it means to turn to green the icon next to the name of database)

9. Now right click on the database and select Execute Batch File...

10. Find the sql file of the weapon/armor that you want to add and open it.

11. If it says that it installed successfully then its ok but if you get error then is something wrong with the sql file or you dont have the right pack of the share , for example  L2j free/ L2j server/L2j Oneo/L2j Umbrella/L2 Emu or whatever pack.

12. Ok now its time to import the server files. If its weapon you should put the xml file in data/stats/weapon or if its armor you should put it in data/stats/armor. Also you should know that some packs have this line in the xml files when you open them with notepad :weapons :<!DOCTYPE list SYSTEM "weapons.dtd">  and for armors:<!DOCTYPE list SYSTEM "armors.dtd">under this line: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> . If your pack has the 1st line above into the others xml then you should add it too in your weapon/armor you want to add. If your pack doesnt has this line and your file you want to add has it, then you should delete the line. If you edit something with notepad save it before close it.

13. You 've done it :o. You have just imported the custom item in your server :o!!! Now you have just to log in and type the id of your weapon/armor and enjoy.

[move]-:- Programs you will need -:- [/move]

File Edit (To open dat/ini/int files and save them)

C5/Interlude: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/6564172

Kamael/Hellbound: http://rapidshare.com/files/134224727/L2_FileEdit_Kamael-Hellbound_Collection_by_ExTaCy1337.rar

Gracia: http://rapidshare.com/files/138511463/Gracia_fileedit.ZIP.html

L2 endec 2.92 (To pach your system)

http://www.l2wh.com/dstuff/public/common/l2encdec_292.zip

Thx and i hope it help the people that ddidnt know how to do this. ;)

Yes really nice guide...i suggest sticky!! :P

BTW this is the only File-edit that works for me! xD

(i was always getting an error with other versions)

Keep sharing dude!!