Blane

What are you suggesting?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What are you suggesting?

• Simple Webhosting.
    • Buy a VPS.
    • Buy a Dedicated Computer.

Hello folks!

I am planning to re-open my old site (www.CrazyLoads.com) and I need to know what to buy.I used to have a VPS but now I am considering again what would be better.So what are the needs of site which contains the following :

- A full of people forum (vB).

- Many online games (Flash Games) for the users.

- A Chat Java Client.

- A tracker.

- An Image Uploading Site.

- A file uploading site for the premium users and staff.

- A Blog.

- A Mail System.

I know that I need around 1000Gb's of PREMIUM bandwidth and some good disk usage.

So...

- A dedicated server is too expensive... :/

- A VPS is always a good solution but it's ok?

- A simple web-hosting account is enough?

Vote Please! Thanks for your attention!

-Blane

I Vote a dedicated computer, if you wanna open a serious forum this is the best choice to buy a dedicated computer.

Also if the forum is WareZ i suggest you to open it on a company from USA or UK not from Greece because our SPECIAL and also PRO commandos from Greek Police (xD) will close it in a few days

best wishes for your forum ;)

deticated beacause i will join ur site and call some friends if the site is on no machine lag crashes xD

No threats here.Thanks!

Dedicated is good but it costs much per month and I am not sure If I'm able to give them.By the way do you know what a virtual private server (VPS) exactly is?

I still wait for your proposals! ^^

-Blane

Dedicated is good but it costs much per month and I am not sure If I'm able to give them

Then why did u put it? ;P unless u get sponsors or donators or some other sh1t to back up u its impossible..

By the way do you know what a virtual private server (VPS) exactly is?

No idea explain me so i can see if is it better than Simple Webhosting

May be u should keep whit has you where in your old forum vps (even if i dont know wtf is that)

It won't be in Greece for sure.We are going to buy a decidated or a VPS.

VPS is a dedicated server which contains ram,bw and many things but the CPU is equal share with other pc's.

It's cheaper and in MANY MANY case better than dedi.

Also I can find the money with my friend EzEraL and finally buy the dedicated but if we spend less money with the host then we can make maybe a better , a really better, site.

What do you think?

We might look for a VPS, but vote.

-Blane

Of course dedicate solution is better but is expensive and risky.I mean that if you want to start a forum you buy a vps.Then if you have many members you choose a dedicate.Thats my opinion.

Of course dedicate solution is better but is expensive and risky.I mean that if you want to start a forum you buy a vps.Then if you have many members you choose a dedicate.Thats my opinion.

Yes this is true...So I suggest you to buy VPS and if you (we :P) have many members and some donates, we can continue in Dedi

Yes this is true...So I suggest you to buy VPS and if you (we :P) have many members and some donates, we can continue in Dedi

Yes we have decided for the VPS.In fact we are going to buy a vBulletin Licence tomorrow and then the site will open :) :)

-Blane

EDIT: Voting Locked.Thanks for your attention!

There's only one thing to say...

Prepare for a new change in the era of greek sites...

[i don't want to give more details as I will have to answer all the people at msn.When I announce the opening, all of you are invited to my forum.Please don't ask me due pm or anything(I am getting 24 pm's god damn it!).]

More details from mSn.

-Blane