What About C3 Development

im talking about clientside. why do you bother using an old client for older content? you have a nice new client where you just have to change the datapack side to be c3 like. or did the c3 client offer better client side features??

That's exactly the mindset of a 'classic' supporter.

Anyway, a few notes on why this is not possible:

1. C5 NPC ID overhaul (1-max VS 1-10k for special/event NPCs, 20k+ monsters, 25k+ raids, 27k+ quest mobs, 30k+ town NPCs/other non-attackables)

2. Too many changes to pledge/ally (and their war) system. I mean even C5 had a rather large (even when only taking UI in account) pledge system change

3. No such thing as light/dark castles, but this can be side-stepped, e.g. sending all castles as neutral to client

4. No more SSQ, that means no SSQ state indicator in world map, for example

5. All SA-ed items are now named "Not Used" with SA text (yellow) being "Not Used"; incompatible SA system due to all C+ items having 2 SA slots instead of "1" "slot" in C3.

6. All materials are now "corroded" in client, all recipes have changed to match new material/ingredient system

7. Most C3 quests are gone from the client. Some midlevel (e.g. 6x-7x) quests have managed to slip through, but they will not be spared for long.

Do I need to continue?

low self esteem, right?  :alone:

copy paste all older maps into thenew client and well there you got your c3

You literally have no clue what you are talking about, yet you state things with such high confidence as if you were the only expert on these things in the whole world.

I have only one tip for you:

souls1.jpg

Edited by _dev_

Anyway, a few notes on why this is not possible:

1. C5 NPC ID overhaul (1-max VS 1-10k for special/event NPCs, 20k+ monsters, 25k+ raids, 27k+ quest mobs, 30k+ town NPCs/other non-attackables)

2. Too many changes to pledge/ally (and their war) system. I mean even C5 had a rather large (even when only taking UI in account) pledge system change

3. No such thing as light/dark castles, but this can be side-stepped, e.g. sending all castles as neutral to client

4. No more SSQ, that means no SSQ state indicator in world map, for example

5. All SA-ed items are now named "Not Used" with SA text (yellow) being "Not Used"; incompatible SA system due to all C+ items having 2 SA slots instead of "1" "slot" in C3.

6. All materials are now "corroded" in client, all recipes have changed to match new material/ingredient system

7. Most C3 quests are gone from the client. Some midlevel (e.g. 6x-7x) quests have managed to slip through, but they will not be spared for long.

Do I need to continue?

Maybe we should wait for further Classic client updates? With SSQ, SA and quests? Classic client have many advantages that can improve C3 gameplay today

21npm41.jpg

Edited by NSp