Adding Custom Skills To Summons/ Moving Active Skill Icon To Passive.

Horse

Question

Hello,

I was tinkering summoners when i ran into some problems.

1. When I add a new skill to the summon, it doesn't show up in the skill menu of the summon. If I'm not mistaken this is becuase it has to be added client-side as well.

So my question is, what file do i have to modify in order to be able to see any extra or custom skill added to a summon?

2. How can i move a skill from the Active skill list to the passive skill list.  For exemple let's say i change a toggle skill to passive like "Holy Armor" and i want it to show up at the passive skill list instead of the active.?

(Hi5 client)

8 answers to this question

2. Via xml, TARGET_ONE -> TARGET_SELF && OP_ACTIVE -> OP_PASSIVE

Yes, this far, i've already got. Only in my version its operatetype instead of OP. But the problem is, that it doesn't matter if the skill works correctly as a passive becuase it still shows up in the Active Skill menu instead of the Passive Skill menu. I'm guessing this is also clint*sided, but i haven't been able to figure it out what file should i modify: (

in any case thanks for the reply.

Edited by Horse

It's a bit late to reply i know.

Every single skill i edited to be passive work perfectly. But even if i edit them in skillgrp.dat i mean i set the operatetype values to 2 0 as they are for passives, ithey still don't show up in the passive skill menu bar.

I think there should be a file (or an option in skillgrp) where one could edit where the skill icon should be in the skill menu.

I mean for exemple: I change Guard Stance to be a passive and let's say i want it to show up at pssive skills/race skill (just an exemple). And for this im pretty sure there is something else to be edited along with xml/skillgrp.

I was thinking that there might be something that i have to change in the core. But i haven't figured it out yet what file is responsible for sorting skill icons' location at the skill menu.

Is there anyone who knows this?

Edited by Horse

operationType from the .xml is responsible for that, for sorting. If you don't edit client side, you will only see it as a "Active Skill" when you move your cursor over the icon. So, make sure you are looking at correct skill / you did changes in correct directory/folder :D

I found the problem. I added wrong numbers, under the operatetype in skillgrp.dat. Now it's working fine. Thanks for the help.

Now, only the adding new skills to the summon(on the client's side) gives me a headache.