Difference In Clients Widescreen Pre And Post Interlude (Kamael+)

ericvini

Interlude uses VERT widescreen, not horizontal.

Interlude is from 2007. Widescreens werent that common then.

Check this ultrawide screen screenshot of how bad Interlude's widescreen is. It cuts the bottom and top of the screen.

interlude.jpg

interlude.jpg

I used ultrawide (21:) to show the difference. It happens in any not 4:3 resolution.

Now check the thrones - Clients AFTER INTERLUDE (kamael and higher). Their widescreen is correct.

Shot00000.jpg

Shot00000.jpg

Both are using the default max zoom for their clients. The wider it is in interlude, the more the image is 'cut' and boxed it, making this big difference.

You see WAY less in IL because of the cuts in the image, like bioshock 1 had pre-patch.

I also tried the .ini zoomhacks, but this doesnt fix anything, it just looks bad =/

Unreal engine 2 was hella popular and modded. Interlude is/was the most popular client.

Has nobody managed to fix the aspect ratios? I've tried but I've had no success. Many games have/had this problem, but some memory hacks fixes it, e.g: http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

Can anyone help/share any fixes for interlude?

TLDR: Interlude cuts the image to fit in widescreen. Any1 has any fixes or can any1 fix it? I tried and failed.

Check: http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/189580-interlude-aspect-ratio/

Showing in the lobby for an easy comparison:

4:3 aspect ratio (aka nothing is cut)

Shot00000.jpg

16:9 - bottom/top cut. Every monitor from nowadays is 16:9 or wider.

Shot00003.jpg

21:9 - even worse.

Shot00004.jpg

4:3 

Shot00000.jpg

21:9 - way wider:

Shot00004.jpg

Hellbound and higher doesnt have this problem. So I think a fix is possible.

ps: the lobby fails to adjust in any version of the game, I just used it to easily show the difference. In game, anything kamael+ is correct in widescreen.

In game, compare the trees:

4:3 1024x768:
HnB4ysM.jpg

16:9 1280x720:
5PgCtay.jpg

Custom 1780x748 (even wider than 16:9):
aAhxYn4.jpg

Gracia Final, for example, has widescreen implemented perfectly.

Edited by ericvini

For me its only light + zoom. Isnt it the sky makin such impression?

Check the post below.

As you can easily see when comparing the lobby, any WIDESCREEN resolution on interlude simply cuts the bottom and top of the image. 720p, 1080p, anything = cut.

Also: http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/189580-interlude-aspect-ratio/

Edited by ericvini

Showing in the lobby for an easy comparison:

4:3 aspect ratio (aka nothing is cut)

Shot00000.jpg

16:9 - bottom/top cut. Every monitor from nowadays is 16:9 or wider.

Shot00003.jpg

21:9 - even worse.

Shot00004.jpg

4:3 

Shot00000.jpg

21:9 - way wider:

Shot00004.jpg

Hellbound and higher doesnt have this problem. So I think a fix is possible.

ps: the lobby fails to adjust in any version of the game, I just used it to easily show the difference. In game, anything kamael+ is correct in widescreen.

Edited by ericvini

Moved to help section, and as long as you think it's an easy fix, that anyone can do, i seriously doubt you gonna get what you want, this is hightly complicated task, that better to be posted in marketsection, but again i doubt you will find someone who will do it, plus the price for this would be just huge over 300-500$ or more, depends on the amount of work, cause you dont seem to realise that what you want to fix is covering d3d direct x, functions, and this  part is very complicated and is hard to understand, you wont get any help here - trust me.

Moved to help section, and as long as you think it's an easy fix, that anyone can do, i seriously doubt you gonna get what you want, this is hightly complicated task, that better to be posted in marketsection, but again i doubt you will find someone who will do it, plus the price for this would be just huge over 300-500$ or more, depends on the amount of work, cause you dont seem to realise that what you want to fix is covering d3d direct x, functions, and this  part is very complicated and is hard to understand, you wont get any help here - trust me.

I did not say this way an easy fix, if it was I d do it myself.

I thought someone had already done that based on the clients popularity.

Actually a memory hack would fix it - memory hacks fixed a lot of UT games and many other engines - flawlesswidescreen software, widefixer etc. No need to go through all the hassle of d3d etc, tho your method would obviously be more complete. Visit flawlesswidescreen.org for example.

I also dont see a client fix that cant be restricted (HWID etc) sellable/marketable.

I also believe I wont get any help here, but I guess it was worth a try. 10 years would have been enough time for someone to do it if the fix existed.

I did not say this way an easy fix, if it was I d do it myself.

I thought someone had already done that based on the clients popularity.

Actually a memory hack would fix it - memory hacks fixed a lot of UT games and many other engines - flawlesswidescreen software, widefixer etc. No need to go through all the hassle of d3d etc, tho your method would obviously be more complete. Visit flawlesswidescreen.org for example.

I also dont see a client fix that cant be restricted (HWID etc) sellable/marketable.

I also believe I wont get any help here, but I guess it was worth a try. 10 years would have been enough time for someone to do it if the fix existed.

if there was a fix i assure you it would be binded(&protected) per server, so you cant use it.

In plus the price for this memory "hack" hook would be pretty bit as i told you its not some minor stuff that anyone can do especialy for that kind of engine.

So the solution for you is only to pay to some developer around 300-500$ or even more, but i still doubt he would make it, cause he would also need to make bind protection, so its not worth it.

if there was a fix i assure you it would be binded(&protected) per server, so you cant use it.

In plus the price for this memory "hack" hook would be pretty bit as i told you its not some minor stuff that anyone can do especialy for that kind of engine.

So the solution for you is only to pay to some developer around 300-500$ or even more, but i still doubt he would make it, cause he would also need to make bind protection, so its not worth it.

Just to talk, I don't see this being made because a simple mem hook would be easy reveng and the same $300-500 would hire someone to break w/e protection it is using. Themida/always on crcs checks etc.

If we re hiring a dev and talking about money, L2Off, it would be simpler to just hire someone to make an ext like smelis and add support to more chronicles on the same server imo =p. This way u dont get only widescreen, but better graphics etc.

Modifying the server side is way easier than the client on that aspect (not a simple mem hook to add HOR+ widescreen)

@Sweets

Why would it be useless? Pretty sure widescreen is the norm and IL is popular. Multimonitors/ultra wide are also getting popular. But i understand many didnt even know of this issue playing in 720p/1080p (16:9 - 4:3 isnt so noticeable and zoomhacks make this less of a problem, tho it still sux) (as many dont know when they are playing on a terribly wrong server =p)

Thanks for the replies tho, it was worth a try.

Edited by ericvini

Just to talk, I don't see this being made because a simple mem hook would be easy reveng and the same $300-500 would hire someone to break w/e protection it is using. Themida/always on crcs checks etc.

If we re hiring a dev and talking about money, L2Off, it would be simpler to just hire someone to make an ext like smelis and add support to more chronicles on the same server imo =p. This way u dont get only widescreen, but better graphics etc.

Modifying the server side is way easier than the client on that aspect (not a simple mem hook to add HOR+ widescreen)

@Sweets

Why would it be useless? Pretty sure widescreen is the norm and IL is popular. Multimonitors/ultra wide are also getting popular. But i understand many didnt even know of this issue playing in 720p/1080p (16:9 - 4:3 isnt so noticeable and zoomhacks make this less of a problem, tho it still sux) (as many dont know when they are playing on a terribly wrong server =p)

Thanks for the replies tho, it was worth a try.

It worth only hight populated servers who want to attract more attention to unneeded things like that, but if you have enough money  to spend you can allways try to find, who will be doing this.

And as some persons mentioned here, it could be done not only by .dll hook, but with just simple user.ini editing, or by a bit more complicated .u script editing, that would set this aspect ratio to default value that would look alike 16:9, and wouldt cost less power to do it, but again is it worth it ?

It worth only hight populated servers who want to attract more attention to unneeded things like that, but if you have enough money  to spend you can allways try to find, who will be doing this.

And as some persons mentioned here, it could be done not only by .dll hook, but with just simple user.ini editing, or by a bit more complicated .u script editing, that would set this aspect ratio to default value that would look alike 16:9, and wouldt cost less power to do it, but again is it worth it ?

user.ini editing doesnt fix AR, neither editing .u. Its either .dll or mem hooking.

Unneeded things - this is 2016 ffs, widescreen is pretty much a given.

Edited by ericvini