Weapon Attachment And Some Ideas On .ukx

Merry Christmas !

hope you like those, if you like than you have to w8 a bit longer coz i duno how to make the weapons attach to hand because i can't find any kind of info on that, i supose some day ill find and share them and continue this

only if CriticalError and LeMemberMaster and i know others too if will pm me and tell me coz i know they know, but wat can we do :(, they keep L][ moding for themselves as i see :(
now not that we have to brake the koreans but those guys mind too XD
so plz help, pm and thanx ;)
and yes ill share them when i finish them even if i can't attach them :P

the weapon is from skyrim and i like that it haves some high polys on it :)

Shot000652_zpsb5230bf1.png
Shot000662_zpse8e9238d.png
zzZ_scickle_bab_4k_aaa_zps70df602d.png

Edited by puredemonsss

i tryed OAUKX but it crashes, i tink its because too many polys ?

i tryed with a regular one and its converting but on my weapon its not working so i can't use OAUKX

so my last hope i tink is to solve the attachament problem

ive got some ideas but i duno, say i neeed to hex the ukx ?

i heard something about rerig the bone or something via hex or a set up soket/attachament bone in UnrealEd or via hex ?

so the OAUKX its doing or adding or not skiping some param than the other tool !

aniway i can't beleve noone wants to give the info, i searched all google in advanced search and no exact info on it pfff >:(

Edited by puredemonsss

Sadly, that is private stuff, and I'm pretty sure no one will share it with you... 

I'm at the same point as you, I have adapted a bunch of weapons from Dark Souls and packed it on my Postal 2 UnrealED (It doesn't support anims, but gets the job done). The weapons are low poly, and I can convert them with OAUKX, but the model normals got screwed mixing lighting zones. Yep, the matter is how edit the socket, I have already trying to do it hexing the .ukx, but since I have no idea of what I was doing, well... I have nothing xD

Yep, the matter is how edit the socket, I have already trying to do it hexing the .ukx, but since I have no idea of what I was doing, well... I have nothing xD

nope its not and you need server side support for it since it will bug out

Sadly, that is private stuff, and I'm pretty sure no one will share it with you... 

I'm at the same point as you, I have adapted a bunch of weapons from Dark Souls and packed it on my Postal 2 UnrealED (It doesn't support anims, but gets the job done). The weapons are low poly, and I can convert them with OAUKX, but the model normals got screwed mixing lighting zones. Yep, the matter is how edit the socket, I have already trying to do it hexing the .ukx, but since I have no idea of what I was doing, well... I have nothing xD

nope its not and you need server side support for it since it will bug out

~ HAPPY NEW 2015 YEAR GUYS !

well i tink there is a way to attach weapons without server side suport but it will take me long time to actualy test my ideas

on the server suport i don't see the way how can a weapon be attached, it have to do with pakets mabe ?, as in dev mod mabe i have to add my custom ukx ?

or mabe make weapons as gloves XD. yes make them as gloves, say in armor.grp you have the draconic gloves, in that line you can add more slots to have like suport of 6 meshes + theyr texture, this can be realy hopefully since we can add part of weapons taht are very high poly and group them as say the gloves are 1 and the rest of 5 can be weapons parts that will have the animations inside like gloves and can be animated

so after made all settings to client gloves as weapon type you then can add custom server to add the gloves as weapons i tink, yes there is a posibility to get this idea work or even make it better

as for OAUKX ill try with some friends and pach it to suport more poly counts since i duno why the limitation, since i tink that more polys can be imported in ut2004 and the final ukx be converted with gildor tool

now the attachement problem, well i have some ideas but aniway i don't see why is private stuff only, mabe because of marketing pfff and this is a pity because imagine how much greate stuff can ppl import and ill give you an example later

and if your hoby or relaxing time is creating weaons and you use dev mode and don't know how to attach them because those secrets that others will not share i well i have some tips for you

so try add the weapons as gloves, for example

say you have the glove armor.grp line, now in this line i tink you can add extra slots for more meshes and theyr textures by changing i ink the front number say 6 is max i tink

so you will have the mesh gloves + texture and 5 more empty spaces for other meshes and theyr textures

so as you know when imported the psk glove to max you will see the full skeleton i tink

now you only have to import the mesh of weapon and attach it to the bone weapon or watever name and place it as well in corect position

so you will see in skins midifier option wich bone is attached to it

do same with weapon and place it as you want

now the uvmaping will be trycky and you need to have the glove and weapon separated mesh not attached as one mesh because i tink will intersect with uvmaping thes being the texture coordinates on mesh

so now you need to export it in to game

now you will leave the glove line as it is and just add the weapon mesh and his texture that you have to make and pak as utx

and yes you have to equip an empty weapon with no mesh and texture so it imitates the type of weapon you will use on gloves, i even don't know wath i'm sayng XD

ahh i duno if i gave some good tips in this since ill start soon make tests on this and mabe make a full tutorial

LE MEMER MASTER, why do you suport those guys ?, why don't we suport gildor instead to fix and mabe make more tools for L][ since this can lead to a even a bigger comunity for L][ moding

Skyrim i tink will live long time since the comunity is so grate

L][neage will live not much from now on since the new people can't find a good tutorial or a good info

i miself had to aquire fragmented info from say russian sites and brasil and others that i even ddn't know why i bother to search or open them to basicaly analise them and teach miself with tests and spending large amount of time on basicaly sometimes even basic easy stuff

so i say to remake the stuff knowing today for the new comers !

Edited by puredemonsss

~ HAPPY NEW 2015 YEAR GUYS !

LE MEMER MASTER, why do you suport those guys ?, why don't we suport gildor instead to fix and mabe make more tools for L]e to[ since this can lead to a even a bigger comunity for L][ moding

Skyrim i tink will live long time since the comunity is so grate

L][neage will live not much from now on since the new people can't find a good tutorial or a good info

i miself had to aquire fragmented info from say russian sites and brasil and others that i even ddn't know why i bother to search or open them to basicaly analise them and teach miself with tests and spending large amount of time on basicaly sometimes even basic easy stuff

so i say to remake the stuff knowing today for the new comers !

well let me told why nobody give this answer, first of all Gildor won't give more support to his patch, specially for l2community, he angry with all shits and fuck them before, selling his tool for cheap prices and no advertsing him, now the reason is simple, why somebody share it with l2community? if before with all guides make old school members of mxc and others forums never say thanks or grateful for that? after got what they got, gone and try fuck and say a lot of shits, I remember when begin in that and got some exp, I do some guides, I help a lot people in this forum and when I need help nobody do it, only trying fuck me and say a lot of shits here, so for all haters, fuck them, I don't care what they think about me, the real friends, know what iam, so this is what I have to say, gl with your discover puredemons, no offend but in my case I don't share this knowledge with anybody for this reason, because when I need help, they give me back, so good luck and happy new year to all.

CriticalError i see your point of view and thanx for your time to answer !

Shame that this went in another direction !

I will try to make and tech a team so they will carry and get L][ out from this mess and move it on solid grounds, since i can't do it all myself !

ah and for those that want the first post weapons you need to know that they can't be attached properly on character hands, but ill share them if you request !

i'm currently tri to make a tutorial step by step with them, but for the attachemet problem you have to w8 some time since i have to work alone and do allot of tests, but you can manage to make them work as low poly ( low geometry ) with another program !

basicaly i don't know when ill finish this since i can't speak good english !

Edited by puredemonsss