Convert Lineage Into A Multi-Threaded Application

WickedCat

Hello mxc!

This request will be kind of different from the usual.

I'm trying to make L2 run on all the cores of the CPU.

So far I tried to enable only 1 core (from msconfig / boot tab) it doesn't seem to work.

The core usage will be 100% but the core speed of the 3 other cores didn't add up.

I also read some guy on RPG Club forum using a file to make Lineage work on all cores, but I don't know which file it could be.

So I'm guessing maybe there is a way to either mod the .u files for exemple or use an alternative to make it happen (finally!).

Yeah, it's well known L2 is a single-threaded application, the engine is the problem (Unreal Engine 2). Multithreading was mainly used by large servers back in that time, not by the casual player.

I am trying to figure out how to make it work on all cores.

My specs:

• MOBO: ASUSTeK P8Z77-V-LX
  • CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
  • GPU: MSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr 3GB
  • RAM: GSkill Sniper 16GB Dual Channel 1.6MHz
  • SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Monitor: Samsung S24B350H
  • PSU: EarthWatts 650W

Untitled3.png

Edited by WickedCat

Still, there is a guy who supposedly has a file to make it work on all cores.

here:

http://forumen.rpg-club.com/index.php/topic,6954.0.html

nOclick message:

"wont be noticeable, its what n0click said, even if u have nasa pc sometimes there are some places in l2 that load many shits the same time. For example in toi 13, when u are at 13rd floor, u actually load the whole ToI .
for example my pc is good enough, at least for l2, its more than ok... but sometimes when i am at hb and running deeper and deeper, im getting some freezes and that happens to all members of my party

@michaelV, there is a file i am using, i tested it on my last server it was awesome, it make your proccesor use all the cores for lineage, so the game run smoothy"

Still, there is a guy who supposedly has a file to make it work on all cores.

here:

http://forumen.rpg-club.com/index.php/topic,6954.0.html

nOclick message:

"wont be noticeable, its what n0click said, even if u have nasa pc sometimes there are some places in l2 that load many shits the same time. For example in toi 13, when u are at 13rd floor, u actually load the whole ToI .

for example my pc is good enough, at least for l2, its more than ok... but sometimes when i am at hb and running deeper and deeper, im getting some freezes and that happens to all members of my party

@michaelV, there is a file i am using, i tested it on my last server it was awesome, it make your proccesor use all the cores for lineage, so the game run smoothy"

i think that is something that NcSoft must have fixed it, but they will never do. Work on this from scratch without have any sources it's a shot in the dark, most part it's because with the new Operating Systems like Windows 8 e 8.1 if u try to edit something in the client, most specifically if u edit the system files, it will work on windows xp to windows 7 but won't work on windows 8.. I had some issues with that doing a protocol change for my antihack project, that makes me stop a lot of client-related projects ..

duno if its true i just found this :P

only one core for processing, only network/sound is being distributed between cores, therefore

try use 1 single core with very high frequency

load l2 in ram :P

there you have it :P

i tink you guys can try those XD

if i remember there is a small tool that forces the app to use an single core if you can't manage to do it via windows task manager > right click thing

if you have 2 or more cores you can't overclock only one core so aniway this is for pros and is very risky to do it

basicaly buy a cpu with a 4Ghz frequency, or even more

keep in mind that amd and intel  haves a different power calculation

so basicaly an 2600mhz intel can beat an 2800mhz amd

so better stay with intel i tink XD

here are the lists from Intel http://ark.intel.com/

i tink this one is damn good http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz

Edited by puredemonsss