Guild Wars 1 Is Better Than Guild Wars 2

lord_rex

Well, title describes perfectly what I want to talk about.

So, I have been playing with Guild Wars 1 slowly for 98 months (with few pauses), so yes, I'm bored of it.

I have been playing also with Guild Wars 2 since the first BETA. But well, to be honest, GW2 isn't as attractive as GW1 was.

Let's compare the skill engine first. GW2 has a "pew pew pew" skill engine with few skills, invented for children while GW1 has a complex dual class skill engine with a wide selection of hundreds of skills. So in GW1 I could make my own skill build. In GW1 each area required special skill builds if you wanted to survive while in GW2 any skills you have doesn't matter you will anyway defeat the monster/or the player. This is a retrogression!

... and well the name of the game is "Guild Wars 2", but in game no such thing like GvG exists (in GW1 it is exists). No proper duel possibilities, except if you buy & keep alive a private area which is doesn't worth.

Just imagine. While in Aion I go over 500 players by a single click "request duel", and 200++ surely accepts it and I can have my duel, ANYWHERE. While in GW2, I have to buy a private arena for 1600GEM (which is almost the same price as the game is) and I have to pay weekly X gem to keep it alive. So in GW2 if I finally have my private arena, I send a PM to 500 players (just ignore the fact it is a pain in the ass) about duel requests. From 500 players 200 replies. From 200 surely 100 will say "I no speak englisch", than 50 will say "no thanks", and 50 may answer something positive. So if I do like it, I would waste a day for have few duels in a game with a toy skill engine made for 10-13 years old kids.

Also the "order of skills" are fixed which is a nightmare and the weapon-bound skills are also killing the creativity. However in the whole game only the first 5 skills are useful, and from the first 5 the 1st is the simple attack. The 6th skill maybe useful, because it is the self heal, but the rest 7-8-9 is totally useless, include the 0th elite skill, because of the HORRIBLE recharge time. Also almost on all skills the recharge time is terrible, it is because they removed the Mana, so they had to compense it with something else.

And than the other fail, the policy of "removing the MMORPG trinity" (healer/DPS/tank)... anyway in an other form they're still exists, but in a fucked up way... so yeah, they made it...

However, the story & the quest engine is horrible. Just try GW1, than GW2 and you will understand. I cannot describe the difference with words.

Than MOUNTS. They said they're not going to implement mounts because it is makes the gameplay feeling less dangerous. Just WTF?! Which part of the mount decreases that dangerous feeling? The one that you're riding on a mount? (how no-sense, just a visual thing) Or the +10-15% of run speed what a mount would make? and what about the +25% passive skill "Signet of Lotus" for necromancers? It isn't making the game less dangerous?

and I could list even more things...

What do you think guys?

I have to tell you that you're right with that GW1 is better then 2.

BUT, GW2 is totally different from 1 next to that the balance in WvW and PvP is pretty decent that was all f**ked up in 1 they just want to keep the game running same like GW1 only was GW1 totally different from the other MMO's at that time. Now a days all MMO's are like eachother.

I have to tell you that you're right with that GW1 is better then 2.

BUT, GW2 is totally different from 1 next to that the balance in WvW and PvP is pretty decent that was all f**ked up in 1 they just want to keep the game running same like GW1 only was GW1 totally different from the other MMO's at that time. Now a days all MMO's are like eachother.

yeah, exactly. My main problem is the "war of numbers" in GW1 you had 480HP and 25MP, it was perfect... so now they made 29K HP like all the other MMORPGs, so they ruined the reason why GW was unique... ~~